Electric fuel pump not priming

Hi, my first Micra (2000 1.0 Celebration) used to make a motor whirring noise when I switched on the ignition, and it used to start in a pleasingly positive manner. My current Micra (2002 1.4 SE+) doesn't make the noise, and starts after some progressive cranking. Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I want the fuel pump to prime the system like my first Micra did. Thanks! :)

I've got a 2002 1.4 as well, mine makes the electric wizz on start up....and starts immediately on turning the key.
Sorry bud, but that sounds like a fault!!!!
You'll have to wait for the sparky's to wake up ....LOL

I've heard it's probably a relay problem but wouldn't know where to start. Loads of Micras in the local scrap yard at the moment if I knew what to look for. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know!

If you have a multimeter then lift up your rear seat and attach the tester to the electrical wires and turn the ignition to first point and if it either bleeps or sees voltage then your pump is call it. But in the micra hand hole check where the fuel pump fuse is and go from there ! It's simple really..

J

Back