EFI to carb

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys.. just want to ask if anybody did a EFI to carb convertion to their micras?

coz i was planning to go old school and convert the cg10de throttlebody and the whole intake manifold into a twin side carby.. the the problem is im having trouble looking for a dizzy with coil pack to replace my efi dizzy..

does anybody know the dizzy that can replace the efi one?

thnx in advance..

aki

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
frank

i already have the manifold and the carbs sir.. my only prob is the dizzy.. coz i want to convert it into full carby setup without the use of the computer box.

aki

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"aki

why not run the carbs with the stock (k11) ignition system ?

frank

that was my plan along with my mechanic.. but one auto group in our place said that if you convert into carby, the ignition system should be converted too since it is still computer controlled. and they also said coil type are easier to upgrade since MSDs can be added.

are they right sir?

hoping for more ideas and suggestions..

thnx

aki

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
im part of the way there..
Probably going for an ignition-only aftermarket setup..

Attachments

• 41449.jpg
    41449.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 36

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Can i ask why would anyone do this. Is there a upside to it. I thought the bigger injectors and the ga15 TB would be better. Prob cheaper as well. Or are they trying to go backwards with the fuel economy. I have no idea why you would do it.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
yep carbs are very sensitive to fuel pressure..
different carbs need diff pressure, ie if they are off a bike
they may have been running off trickle feed (fuel tank above carb)
or need somewhere between 3-9psi, far cry from efi fuel pressures.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
look at it this way, ga15/tb and injectors will only get you so far, or a tb tapped with an extra injector will only get ur fueling so far,
custom fuel rail with sr/rb injectors, quad throttle bodies, and full management is an expensive step for a NA. So I thought i would give this a shot, I love the sound of an angry carby too =) which is a plus.. A lot of the 150/160ps March race cars of old ran fcr slide throttle carby setup's so it cant be all bad mate.

**** it, its something different too.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"look at it this way, ga15/tb and injectors will only get you so far, or a tb tapped with an extra injector will only get ur fueling so far,<BR>custom fuel rail with sr/rb injectors, quad throttle bodies, and full management is an expensive step for a NA. So I thought i would give this a shot, I love the sound of an angry carby too =) which is a plus.. A lot of the 150/160ps March race cars of old ran fcr slide throttle carby setup's so it cant be all bad mate.<BR><BR>**** it, its something different too.

Yeh love the Quads sound, its going to be a beast when you are finished!!

the other upside to the fcr setup is having such a short inlet tract too.. that and the fact that ONE of the four butterfly's is the size of the stock cg throttle body.... giving a **** load more flow then any sr20/ca/ga throttle body.. all that = almost instant response.. and at the end of the day a n/a racer is all about getting as much air in and out of the car and instant response!

Back