EFI to CARB convertion

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys..

im converting my efi to carby due to lack of parts here in the philippines. one of my injectors is faulty and my ecu is starting to give way.. i keep on stalling every time my engine gets hot and cant turn it back on.. my distributor is also starting to freak out.. i tried the throttle body resoldering
article but still no effect..

so i decided to try to convert to carby so that i wont need the ecu and it will be a bit easier to fix and tune.. but im still trying to decide which carby design ill go for: the twin carb or the single down..

any suggestions on which design i'd go for? .. btw my engine is a CG10.

thnx :)

smidge

» CMF Member
i'd be lookng to buy some of these parts from overseas if you can, not sure how weak/strong the dollar is, but i'm sure some of the aussie boys would be happy to throw parts in an insured/tracked parcel and get them to you...

just a thought...

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
also have a look into going to motorcycle carbs, you may need to modify your inlet manifold to accept them and change the jetting in the carbs but that should work too

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
@ lam.666

yes i was looking into twin 660cc carbs. making the intake manifold is no problem. my only prob is where to get gaskets that would fit. is it ok to use DIY gaskets?

@ fred

thnx for the offer sir but i think ill go with the convertion to carby.

@ smidge

i did lookup parts from japan since most 2nd hand cars and parts here in the phils come from there. but the prob is it cost too much just for the parts alone. cylinder head gaskets cost around 25,000 php w/o the shipping fee. that alone is equal to buying a 2nd hand 1st gen Lancer.. and i found out that converting into carby will only cost me 10,000 php.. :)

thanks for the reply guys! this site is the best for micra users! most philippine forums dont even know what a micra looks like :)

Back