efi dizzy to coil pack

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys!

its been a long time since i posted regarding my efi to carby conversion.

im having trouble finding a dizzy with coil to replace the ecu powered one.

any ideas on brand and part number?

my current dizzy keeps on fooling around when it gets hot.

since im not using the ecu for the injectors might aswell go for full conversion to remove the need for the ecu.

thanks in advance!

aki

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you would have to fit the crank sensor ring from a cvt model and coilpacks aki, (pictured) and ecu , loom, t/b etc
but an old austin mini dizzy (offset slot) lines up ok ( you would need a reducer/sleeve tho)

frank

Attachments

• 49156.jpg
    49156.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 32

CMF_Folek

» CMF Member
Hello guys,

This is my first post here. Currently I'm restoring my micra. It's CG10DE. Since I'm mechanical engineering with speciality in combustion engines (aircraft actully), my plan idea is different than adding more power (especially that this is 1.0 -> 1.3 is better to do it). I'd like to work on engine efficiency, just for fun. First few steps are to do what Nissan tried and we will see what later.

First I'd like to utilize coilpack instead od dizzy system. Last post was that modification of sensor ring. Can this be easily done in this model?
What about ECU? If I change ECU, do I need to anything to Immo or is everything stored in there?

Thanks,
Lukasz

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Folek WROTE:

"The one that controls ignition. I think that this is the same box as for the efi control corrent?

the coilpack ecu is very different to the pre 2000 models mate, you will need to decide what ecu you want to run first, then we can probably advise on sensors ect

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Folek WROTE:

"The idea is to get one from post-2000 model. That may be the easiest thing to do, rather than modify the current one.

then you will need the immobiliser parts, and a crank sensor like that pic ^ (60 teeth minus 2 teeth) and cam sensor, and the throttlebody is a different type also (with a stepper motor idle control) :)

CMF_Folek

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Folek WROTE:

"Do think that sensors can be easily fit to the current system?"</div>

its a lot of trouble for a small gain mate !

CG10,s have a lot of potential at very high rpm, i would concentrate in that direction personally :)

Yeah, it sounds like :) by the way, do you if it's possible to get consult and consult2 hex commands to manipulate ecu parameters?

Back