eBay k10 keeps popping up

indeed but i checked the guys feedback and i can see it was almost one of the last things he bought must have something terminal wrong with it....

also look where he has listed it:

Listed in category: Cars, Parts & Vehicles > Car Parts > Nissan
Also listed in: Cars, Parts & Vehicles > Car Tuning & Styling > Interior Styling > Centre Consoles & Dashboards

so its in the Parts bit, so maybe he clicked the wrong button or its only good for parts,

Well, engines are common and easy to change. Must be the bodywork underneath if anything. MOT only two months old so it really cant be anything major

Hmm, very fishy, he's only had it a month! And always suspicious when sellers dont mention anything mechanical in the ad.

indeed engine changes are a peice of you know what so if its and engine/gearbox 3 hours and a cup of tea job done :) you never know maybe it legit. sure is a lovely k10

bodykit and alloy wheels.....interior, small spares

even if the engine AND chassis? are problematic a donor car is invaluble Ive found...

Worth a close look IMO (go see it)

matt get that strip pauls and jog the rest on

its a very tempteing idea, ill see if its on my way to get the bodykit saturday if it is ill make a pitstop :)

its very close to where im going so I've messaged the guy waiting for a reply... asked him why its for sale so soon as well :p

got a message back apprently the guy bought it for his grandson for his birthday , unfortunalty his dad had already bought the son a new fiesta hence the quick sale. no idea if its true but i felt quite sorry for the bloke going to all that effort for nothing :(

so i'll keep an eye on it see what happens :)

i won it!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

i decided even if the engines ######ed i can put the one from pauls car in i think ill be removing the engine from the white one now for a spare :)

looks like i'll be face lifting the car this weekend hehe

eh you tripping donkey? i'll have one micra and one mr2 thats two... lol i can help you with your ABC's too if ya want ;)

And the one you have just bought makes three!!! God speedle get your head round it!! If it's in good condition you won't break it unless your daft. Then again.... :p

nicely done sir! could turn out to be a bargain that!

[offtopic] what sort of mistertwo do you have? [\offtopic] (sorry admin)

keep us posted on how well the k10 is when you get it :)

And the one you have just bought makes three!!! God speedle get your head round it!! If it's in good condition you won't break it unless your daft. Then again.... :p

perhaps you missed my post saying pauls car is now being stripped for parts :p numpty :p

i've got a Rev 3 N/a MR2 mate runs 173bhp standard about 185 on the last RR day from a few little tweaks :)

ooh nice! gen3 3SGE then, good stuff. My other car runs a rev2 3SGE, its a high miler but still pumps a healthy 159 on the rollers at the last check- should be 154 standard ;) we may have to have a chat sometime :)

anyhoo what are the plans for this newly acquired k10?

well the cars back at my place now, kits in great shape the 102k engine runs a treat no smoke and clean oil, no leaks. carb need replacing bit lumpy but all in all money well spent, a cut and polish and she'll look like new the side skirts look to have protected the car over the years not one spot of rust underneath which im well happy with. the interior is tatty but its all getting ripped out and replaced tommorow so i dont really care :)

i think maybe the rear engine mount is gone as it judders with accelrating in 1st but other than that it mate the 80 mile trip back to mine faultlessly even got her up to a good speed :)

got a lot to do tommorow....... sleep!!!! :D

oh and pics will come later :)

will do mate prob be up about 10 ill call you then and we can rip that other k10 to pieces :) then hit the scrapies and fill some pockets :p

meet at mine mate i'll need the extra car for the crap i need to take :p i'll give you the addy in the morn.

call me a pikey again and ill remove the engine with you under it ;)

i think maybe the rear engine mount is gone

Haha! you actually listened to me then! :p If it is the rear one mate, you should be able to rock the entire engine backwards and forwards with your hand, gotta be quite firm though!

man what a day i ache everywhere (im getting too old for this!) lol

ok what happened today;

well went over to pauls gaff (fox1983) with the other paul (paul_k10_lx) to strip the micra for parts bonnet carpet engine gearbox seats odds and sods etc etc

when we left this is what it looked like :p
DSC00068.jpg

massive thanks to paul for all your help mate absolute star!

so back to my mums house with all the gear to facelift the car and replace part of the rear engine mount as it had broken (still need to do another bit but its much better than it was)

gave it a quick wash although it still needs a cut and polish and 2 new front wings and the body kit needs re-painting so lots left to do. going to have a break over the weekend need some rest lol

i didnt take any pics other than this one;
DSC00069.jpg

now the cars facelifted i've decided to keep the current kit as it just looks awesome! :D

mods can you clean up the thread and move to blogs plx?

omg them alloys the same as mine, thats the 3rd set that ive seen now

also what size tyres you got on them alloys?

they are 185 55 r15's mate not lowered so it doesnt rub not sure if i'll keep them but they do suit the car, need to sort the boat suspension next :p

they are 185 55 r15's mate not lowered so it doesnt rub not sure if i'll keep them but they do suit the car, need to sort the boat suspension next :p

hmm look the same but i got 14", im swaping suspension off my white one onto my super s,cant go backroad driving cause i cant predict what the cars going to do with the stock suspension on it

and you should have used a spell checker :p anyway next time we will mate.

todays progress;

passenger side wing replaced no more dents there!
doing drivers side tomoz.
also i have rust treated the rust patch on the roof and primered it with anti rust paint, also have a new roof strip to replace the damaged one. going to fix that tommorow also and seal it with some silicone to avoid further water damage.

hoping to give the old girl a damn good cut and polish tomoz so i'll post up some pics when she's sorted.

going to put the 13"s on as well, they were for sale long enough, refurb to come :)

pics tomoz i promise ;)

well still lots to do but all in all the weekend has been quite successful.

today i've;

uprated the dissy from points to IC controlled
replaced the coil
replaced all HT leads
fitted a K&N filter (and cleaned and re-oiled the filter)
done the timing
polished most of the dodgy marks off the car
refitted the roof runner after fixing the rust patch (still needs painting)
cleaned the alloys :p
removed the chavy number plate holders (eghhhhhh)

heres some pics of the old girl;

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

still lots to do but not bad for a weekend :)

remove the blue strips in the bumpers, colour code the handles and mirrors, get the great britain sticker off it and put the micra stickers back on the back and stick on some clear side repeaters and it will look alot better ihmo

at the moment the back end is lacking in something so maybe the stickers will help it and maybe a bigger exhaust

but i know youve probably got most of that planned out already lol

yeah meaning to get that union jack off lol

exhaust is sorted just need to get round to doing it, spoilers going to be replaced with a super s one as i dont like it to OTT for me.

bumper both need repainting so the blue bit will be gone soon :)

need to throttle back for a while now before i burn out lol

That looks great bud! Get rid of that flag on the front.

I think the front & rear look great, i've always been a fan of the full foah kit, and it's a perfect factory fit by the looks of things. If it doesn't float your boat, someone else im sure would love it.

are you goint to be selling the spoiler if you remove it?
and if you dont like the body kit i might be able to help you get rid of some of it

the body kit i love mate dont get me wrong looks uber with the facelift front end now, the only bit i want to sell is the spoiler going to add that to the buy and sell thread

cheers mate, the spoiler was manufactured by a company called FOAH who were based in Germany, they made the optional extras for the car when it was made by Nissan and buyers of the car from new could specify what spoilers and kits they wanted on the car :) there are about 4-5 Foah kits and from what i can remember about 4 spoiler options as well

well she's running like a dream now starts first time better than most k10's ive ever seen for a 102k engine its amazingly quiet, no smoke doesn't burn oil etc so happy with that, only problem now is the clutch is on its last legs! lol so need to replace that soon as, luckily i have a new one to hand. going to upgrade to the 5 speed box while im at it too :)

so much to do so little time....

ok so a little update;

new KYB shocks and lowering springs have been ordered for the grand sum of 151.60 delivered so well chuffed with that bargain.

the 5 speed and new clutch is going on Thursday hopefully, and the new suspension next week sometime :)

in the mean time i've managed to get some k10 super s clocks so chuffed with that, going to enquire about getting a respray sorted on the cheap next :)

after the suspension is done the car is going to be striped bare and ill have a rear strut bar welded to the rear and a front brace made up for the front, wave goodbye to roll! :D

go to that place you recommended to me bud :)

may have found one ever better mate! no doubt a discount for cash in hand ;)

change of plan just going to change the whole engine as the other block has a new clutch 30k on it and the 5 speed gearbox still attached so be easier to change the lot than ###### about changing gearboxes ;)

paul you welcome to help mate im sure another pair of hands would greatly speed up the process, but ill be starting at 8am tomorrow you game for that? and we may get rained on too :p

Back