amazing k10 (goes up hills... fast)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well last night i saw some thing quite amazing...

a k10 accelerate yes!!! accelerate! up a hill from 95mph not strugling actually pulling up the hill not only that its was crusing (not screaming) at 105mph obviously this was all on closed private roads but was quite simply amazing, i went for a spin in the car and was most impressed, its a k10 with guts. and it had a lot more more left in it

i'll let the owner tell you how if he wants to. its without doubt the most torquey k10 ive been in that is still powered by an MA engine. (not inclusing the march ST ;) in that statement)

waits for owner to come forward :)

Paul K10 LX by any chance.. Very nice btw.

boggbros2.jpg

indeed ed! amazing is the word i would use and its not even running properly yet ;)

£236 all in i believe was the cost of Carbs + custom manfold + carb re-jet
Bargain for the power gain, we need to arrange a rolling road day ASAP and see this this tourque curve

Yes that is a good price indeed. Make sure an airfilter is used on them though or pauls engine wont last long..

indeed we were discussing this last nite i think he'll be sorting this out asap. be intresting to see how long the engine last with the power, its got a 4 branch exhuast maniold and full system to fit yet....

should be very interesting. a real step forward for cheap affordable upgrades for the k10 :)

ahhhh, cartoon-head !!

that looks gorgeous ! was the speed measured by gps because doesnt the k10 speedo's only go to 100mph dont they ?

does he have an idea of how much power is flowing through its veins ?

it was measured by my mr2 driving behind him and i have gps on board ;) so i can confirm it was doing a steady 105mph crusiing and a very good 95 up hill, and the hill gradient was quite steep :)

Nice work there!!

Hmmm, I've got a Suzuki bandit 600 (4 carbs) in the garage ....may be I should borrow them and ...naahhh! would be a sin to split these from such a lush (& fully running bike...)

So this was running without a modified exhaust manifold? Because I have something like this almost finished as well, but I'm not putting it on yet because I'm working on making an exhaust manifold myself. But if it runs good without that I guess I can do the carbs first and manifold later :)

Nice one! Some videos and sound would be great! :)

Also a RR day would be great! Someone sort this! I think £20 would be fair, any more and its too much.

wait for me paul! il come down south for a rr session! i know il be lacking far behind on you and pietro but i wouldnt mind knowing what mine is putting out with just the ecc, de-cat, cam, su and mani. my car should only be 2 weeks now if i get my ar*e into gear! and take the st bonnet for spraying still havent got round to that surley the scoop will add 5 ponies! :p

lol i doubt the scoop will add anything mate, but i reccon with that setup you should have some good power :) remember the ECC 1.2 head has bigger ports on it so should have more power of similar setups on other 1.2's prob a horse or two. it would be nice to put an ecc 1.2 standard on the rollers againts an ecc 1.2 with the cat and EGR system removed to see the differnce it makes

localplace to me and mat i think

im not goin to a rrd for just a power run i want the carbs setting up so im not goin miles there is a decent on in our home town

lovely four branch to match, excellent work!

Love the carbs too mate and its great to hear theyre running nice, very impressive! :k10:

OK, I will ask Kev, thanks...lets hope I het the right 'Kev'...lol

I guess u mean Kev Challis (MSC Club Chairman)

Ill try priveat message first..

cheers

Back