Ebay help

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Ok, i bought a turbo kit on ebay and payed straight away..

I've had the payment refunded, with a message saying she put it on ebay for her brother, and set the starting bid at the wrong price, 70 instead of 170.

Where do i stand with this?

Actually, the name is the same as Kristians surname.. :suspect:

Got a link to the item?

It's not likely the item was listed at the wrong price, more likely they didn't get as much for it as they would have hoped. Ebay tends to side with the buyer these days so you could possibly file a dispute against the seller and contact eBay aswell

Link to ebay item

This is the message i got back:

I AM REALLY VERY SORRY AND CANNOT SHIP YOU THIS ITEM DUE TO MISS PRICING IT MY BROTHER HAS GONE ON HOLIDAY AND ASK ME TO PUT IT ON MY EBAY FOR £170 I TOLD HIM 2DAY IT SOLD FOR 72 AND HE SED I HAVE 2 REFUND IT BECAUSE HE SPENT MORE ON WELDING SORRY CHORUS.

How would i file a dispute, and where do i contact ebay, i can't see anything on the item page or through my ebay..

first of all if it didn't go above £75 ish bucks then that means no one will pay £170 for it.

second they should have realised that before the auction ended that they had the wrong price.

thirdly it says in the ebay contract that they have to sell it to you, its part of the agreement and you did everything asked.

but ###### that they are being cheeky

oh and how is that a turbo kit????? you get a turbo, mani, and intercooler, it is missing a hell of alot of parts.

Also because the item has no reserve, that's there tough luck. It would have prompted them many times about the price before they had posted the auction. They would have monitored it's progress the duration it was listed and cancelled it in advance of the auction ending. They were probably hoping for a last minute rush of bids.

just been on a forum. people complaining all the time that emails dont ever get answered. saying ebay just "dont care"

They can evade emails, but they can't really hide from a phone call. Good luck

Had this reply from the seller:

yes am very sorry mate while the payment was pending i rang my brother and said i was goin to transfer the 70 pounds to him for the micra turbo he told me i have to cancel it because he ask me to list it at £170 i have not listed the item again yet because i feel ashamed but i cannot send u the item for £100 he said the turbo and manifold worth that alone the only thing i can do is ask him to sell it to you for a set price which will be 150 or above am proper sorry mate i really am

I've just replied saying I'm calling ebay to see what the contract says about it, and that it won't sell for a much higher price anyway!

I don't know any females who would write a message like that, using "mate" and "proper sorry" etc.. all looks dodgey

if you want a job doing properly you should do it yourself. he should of put it on himself. his loss. discraceful

I don't know any females who would write a message like that, using "mate" and "proper sorry" etc.. all looks dodgey

i was gona say. doesnt look right

Lol, nope. I don't wanna give out her name on a public forum cuz I'd be annoyed if someone did it to me, but she does have the same surname as Kristian.

Just off the phone with ebay..

Basically the contract does say that if the item reaches the end of the auction then it should be sent for the highest bidded price.

Also that both the seller and buyer come to an agreement over the sale, not just refund my money with no warning and a lame excuse.

They've told me to contact the seller again to try and reach an agreement, but if not to open a dispute case which is more than likely to take my side :)

But what are they going to do, send the heavies round his house and make sure it's posted out? Chances are they'll just sit back now you've got a refund and forget it.

Probably. I might be able to meet midway between the ebay bid and his reserve or something though..

Come to a comprimise to 140 delivered, an extra £40 for me..

Just waiting to hear what turbo it is and that there's no leaks in the manifold etc

sod it mate. You got your money back. I wouldnt touch that with a pole. its only a standard manifold with a plate made up. No pipe work, and a crappy tiny ass intercooler. Make your own :)

mate don't buy it, first of all its not worth that money, not by a long shot. i could make you up an identical manifold for next to nothing, and it wouldn't leak or anything.

the turbo is a tiny one you could get that off any turbo diesel corsa or something, the intercooler looks like either an MR2 one or a starlet turbo, either way they are pants and i gave Napster one just because i had no use for it.

there are better things to spend your money on, leave it be and try a different route

Had this reply from ebay..:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the seller "chorus09" from whom
you won the car parts (item 120399128175). I understand that this
seller refused to send the item.

Since the seller is refusing to sell the item, even though you won the
auction, this is a breach of our Seller Non-Performance policy. Just as
you are obliged to pay for an item you win, the seller is obliged to
sell it to you. To read our policy, copy this link into a new browser
window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

To investigate fully, we'll need to see the full details of the email
you received from the seller informing you that they are cancelling the
sale.

Please reply directly to this email pasting the contents and "header" of
the email into your reply. Every email has a hidden header which gives
information about the email sender and recipient and the email's journey
to its destination. We'll use the header information to verify the
source and contents of the email.

Important:
- Please send the contents and "header" even if the email is in My
Messages. To protect your privacy, we can't view the emails in the My
Messages section of your My eBay.
- Don't send us the email as an attachment. To give us added protection
against computer viruses, we never open attachments.

For instructions on how to find the header in various email programs and
systems, copy this link into a new browser window:

http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/index.shtml

Since the seller has made it clear that they won't continue with the
sale and isn't communicating with you, you can leave appropriate
feedback for them to let other members know you had a bad experience
with this member. Be clear and professional in your description of what
you feel went wrong.

Please be informed that the option to phone the seller is still open.
It's likely you'll be able to work out a solution together. Here's how
to request their phone number:

1. Click "Advanced Search" at the top of the eBay homepage.
2. Click "Find Contact Information" on the left-hand side of the page.
3. Enter the item number for the relevant purchase. You can find the
item number in My eBay. Click "Search".

We'll then send you an automatic email with the seller's contact
details. Please be aware that we'll send the seller your contact details
at the same time. We feel it maintains trust and fairness on eBay if
members are made aware when other members request their contact
information.

Rob, as always, my goal is to help you with your concern as quickly and
accurately as possible. I wish you the best of luck in your future
transactions on eBay.

Kind regards,

Keith Rutters
eBay Trust & Safety

Think I'll copy/paste that, and either say you give it to me for the price the auction ended at or i dont take it..

don't buy it at all mate, honestly i can make you the manifold for maybe £20 at the most? find a turbo you wanna stick on it from anything really and it can all be done

He/She is called Kristina Rice..

Now that is some crazy shiznit..

For all the rules and regs.. that item is as good as yours... if you bid.. you have an obligation to buy..

If you receive a bid.. you have an obligation to sell..

Its worth 150 quid or whatever i suppose..

Back