Easter Meeting!!!!

1ucy

Ex. Club Member
Seeing as the North section has been quiet recently =[ I think its about time we all arranged a meet!

Thinking we should meet somewhere inbetween Manchester and Newcastle as thats where the majority of people are...this is a guess from who Ive seen round the forum =]

Anyways what do you all think!?

1ucy :grinning:

Wouldn't get your hopes up with regard to the North East lot. Seem's we've lost the enthusiam we once had.

Plus you'll be lucky to get some people to travel more than 20miles without winging from past experience.

On a lighter note we have had a meet in Teeside where we had people from the Midlands and Scotland show up.

lol if your paying for them

South seem to have lost it as well, Exeter meet is soon and hardly anyone from london area is coming!! BOOOOO

so what is going on in the club no one wants to do anything unless it is on there door step we need something to give all a lift and the enthusiasm to go to meets as we cant let things fall apart where would we all be without this club i no i would still have a standered k10 may have even sold it on by now this club saved the beast and give me the micra bug

p.s sorry if i hijacked this thread

I agree, we deffinately need to do something about it, and I think the North should set the example!

=]

i tried a meet before then to go to a japaneese car meet and a few people said they would turn up then they didnt bother its a real shame that our club doesnt want to meet up any more if it aint on their door step there is another jap meet on the 16th of this month and i bet no one of here comes again will just be me nicknaknu and a friend that hasnt signed up to this yet

I Live in the Leeds area and would be willing for a meet as long as it's in the april time, I have a bambino being born next week.

I organise the North East monthly meets for the primera club and the turn out is always amazing now.. but it took work to get it up and going. We just meet in a private car park, chat about cars then move on for a pint should we feel like it.

I think trying to find something to "do" will put people off as its the expense of petrol + bowling/cinema/pubs etc.

You gotta keep at it, pick a location just to meet up and chat/look at the cars and then build from there once you get a few meets off the ground.

Just my 2p's worth anyways from experience.

Yeah birch services would be awsome, but it would be difficult for North East people to come

@Katie that idea sounds really good, like you said when we 'get the ball rolling' it will be fine, its just encouraging people to come in the first place!

urgh, the drive from warrington once was bad enough.. almost falling asleep taking home 4 other members at 4am while everyone else was alseep, would have killed us... NOT fun, had to pull over in the end and wake someone else up to drive ;o

once mines up and running so long as i can make them, i'll be popping along to any NE meets plus any combined meets we can arrange...as once its done i want my driving fun from it... :laugh:

urgh, the drive from warrington once was bad enough.. almost falling asleep taking home 4 other members at 4am while everyone else was alseep, would have killed us... NOT fun, had to pull over in the end and wake someone else up to drive ;o

Yeh...i think thats why we should try and keep it in the middle for everyone:upside:

Any other ideas of where we could meet?

Ferrybridge services, J33 on M62, it's where the M62 and A1 cross, that's about halfway between Manchester and Newcastle.

Ever thought of pulling over to some services for a coffee or redbull?

Ferrybridge services, J33 on M62, it's where the M62 and A1 cross, that's about halfway between Manchester and Newcastle.

I like this one, I know where it is, lol.

Ever thought of pulling over to some services for a coffee or redbull?

The problem with using caffiene to keep you awake is that the waking effect only lasts for 20 minutes regardless of the amount taken, then after that the low is even worse than before, you're more likely to fall asleep an hour after drinking coffee than before it.

Ferrybridge would be grand, i work for the people in the powerstation so i get a geeky kick outta going past. always give it a bit wave :D :laugh:

i think one time in the future like a weekend we should have a micra rally on some ones farm if u own a farm but i do but thats not the point where was i yes where every club member turns up . i think this field would be packed.

Yeah Saturday would be kool, just need to know a little in advance to book it off, or we could do it on the 5th...my birthday so Ive already booked it off :p

ferrybridge is ferry good! not far from me either.. although i'll be turning up standard bein only young haha

i can make it anytime after 3pm on anyday exept next tuesday... joining the RAF you see:laugh:

Doubt you'll get many from the North East, when they realise it's about a 2hr drive. But all the best with it.

Wouldn't get your hopes up with regard to the North East lot. Seem's we've lost the enthusiam we once had.

Plus you'll be lucky to get some people to travel more than 20miles without winging from past experience.

On a lighter note we have had a meet in Teeside where we had people from the Midlands and Scotland show up.

Totally agree Hugh.

My first time back here in a long long time. Such a shame to see the NE like this compared to what it used to be like.

My first NE meet was in 2002 my last in 2005. They were always well attended.

Some of you may remember me. I had a red Micra, then a Blue Primera, then a Celica.

I fell asleep when driving once, (shhh) don't tell anyone!

Anyway, hope things pick up soon

take care

Rich

we just need to rally the troops... :laugh: i think if you could guarantee other people would attend / were attending, then the others who were travelling further would be more inclined to make the journey.

cheers for the encouragement Katie, and Solarice your right, its just where to start organising it, we have a place but its further for the North Easters than the N.West-ers, any other ideas or should we just stick to that place?

to be honest, im willing to travel for 1.5 hours for a meet just to get to know people, im sure any other member should feel the same if they have the same sociability and enthusiasm... hell i'll go even if just one other goes if need be :laugh:

like its been mentioned apparently northerners lack the drive... well we cant let the southerners show us up with their accents and everything, lets be like proper yorkshire men and show em whos boss

wow its rich!... good to hear from you again mate! What you driving now? All is well i hope.

I'm fine Ian, how's you?

I have another Primera, 2.0 SE, while saving for my next car. Don't know what its going to be though.

Lol, forgotten a lot of the members I used to know. There was Wayne, Danni, Hugh, yourself, Neil, the lad who bought Kev's K10, Titch, and many more who came and went over the years .... struggling now. How's everyone diddlying? Soz if I forgot your name:blush:

Don't know what any of the old school's up to now, apart from Neil, who I think has his own business now?

If you knew me back then and are reading this, let me know how your doing.

Any of those mentioned above still meet up?

take care

Rich

I'm up for that providing once the day is set i don't have anything else planned, its not to long a drive from Hull, i notice that its the castleford junction, they do snowboarding, bowling and cinema + food in the big entertaiment complex there...

so we still using ferrybridge services?? went there to take the new girlfriend to work and its a good place IMO, places to eat and chill out and easy to get to.

if so i think we should name a date (or week) and see who can come 1ucy... worth a shot i supose:grinning:

OK, anybody interested in actually going through with this meet put your name down, I for one will be there no matter what, starting to work nights soon so i still have all day to do things.

lets get a date set thats best for the majority and get it done, show these southerners what us mostly yorkshire folk are made of!

OK, anybody interested in actually going through with this meet put your name down, I for one will be there no matter what, starting to work nights soon so i still have all day to do things.

lets get a date set thats best for the majority and get it done, show these southerners what us mostly yorkshire folk are made of!

ya gunna stay up 24 hours?!!!!lol

Back