E85

CMF_Willybeamin

» CMF Member
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone on here has done an e85 build on a micra, considering running e85 in my next setup. I have most of the parts already to begin the build but just seeing if anyone has run something with e85 and has any information on injector size required and fuel pump output. I'm hoping to run a turbo setup between 10-14 psi on e85.

CMF_Willybeamin

» CMF Member
Have you worked anything out to do with your fuel system yet? From what I have worked out id be looking at needing around 370cc injectors on normal fuel and around 470cc for e85 but no real difference in base psi

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
I'm running 630cc / 60lb injectors in my XR6 Turbo with a Bosch 044 off my anti-surge tank at 16.5psi boost.

I'm only running 30% E85 on a "safe" tune making 353kw at the wheels.

If I want to run straight E85 in it, the current fuel system won't cope.

Not Micra related, but food for thought.

CMF_Willybeamin

» CMF Member
Thanks john. What wont cope in the current fuel system to run full e85 just injector and pump sizing? have you heard of e85 breaking down rubber lines and rings? I have read that hoses with e85 sitting in them have a life expectancy of 5-12 years but there is conflicting information.

CMF_BigJohn

» CMF Member
With the XR6 turbo's, the guys running straight E85 are running twin pumps off their surge tanks with higher flowing injectors than what I have.

It is true that the high content of E85 will eat at standard fuel lines. You can buy E85 compliant fuel hose that won't break down through E85 use though.

Back