Dyno..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,

Anyone Dyno'ed your cars as standard?

just wondered what sort of figures people were getting and i wanted to see some graphs..

If you have done then put what year and your engine size to.

Feel free to chuck up some modified car graphs too just for fun :)

Hi Guys,

Anyone Dyno'ed your cars as standard?

just wondered what sort of figures people were getting and i wanted to see some graphs..

If you have done then put what year and your engine size to.

Feel free to chuck up some modified car graphs too just for fun :)

I don't have a graph sadly but I have run up a stock CG13DE on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road in the past and it was very close to stock. If memory serves correctly is was around 73bhp@flywheel, with around 75lb/ft. Which was -2bhp and -3lb/ft less than quoted factory figures. Figures tend to vary though on condition of car and dyno accuracy. This was done on a very low miler engine which had been looked after and

EBB also showed a stock CG13DE making 51bhp at the wheels, which is pretty close to the above. Be aware however that his quoted torque figures are actually measured at the wheels and NOT at the flywheel.

ahh fair enough, well mines pretty much stock, its the 1.4 model so about 82 as standard, and only done little subtle mods, trying to keep your going for as much power but N/A right?

ahh fair enough, well mines pretty much stock, its the 1.4 model so about 82 as standard, and only done little subtle mods, trying to keep your going for as much power but N/A right?

Not as much as ultimately possible no, but we are trying a few things out to see what the CG engine is capable of producing.

We're shooting for more of a balance between top end power and mid/high range torque to suit the gear ratios we have and to keep things 'reasonably responsive'. A lot of it will be down to the mapping to allow us to achieve what we want.......a lot of development work being done.

yeah thats good that your doing that :p you will have one awesome pocket rocket when your done with it, what are the gear ratio's like eg what sort of rpm would be best for performance to change gear at as pretty much stock?

yeah thats good that your doing that :p you will have one awesome pocket rocket when your done with it, what are the gear ratio's like eg what sort of rpm would be best for performance to change gear at as pretty much stock?

We will be running on a close ratio RS5F31V gearbox, so the gear separations are much more suited than the standard gearbox. The ratio comparison can be seen here. http://www.genis-x.com/comments.php?id=c4392f 2nd column from the left, (MA09ERT EK10 March R), is what we are running.

If we hit the target rpm we are aiming for torque and power wise, we will stay above 6000rpm on each shift and will stay comfortably in peak power.

As for a standard car, most shift at maximum power which is between 6000 and 6500rpm depending on the engine and what's been done to it.

okay so take mine for instance, i only have a manifold, air intake, and emptyed rear box, pretty standard, and for sure no more than 90bhp, it would probably be between 6000k and 6500k roughly and not to the red line?

Hard to say without a dyno but I would imagine a little above stock peak power rpm. CG13's typically peak around 6400rpm with the usual bolt ons running standard cams & compression, the CGA3 should be a little lower given the slightly increased stroke.

Back