Dying Micra

Ok our family micra has developed a fault last night. It just cuts out.

I took it for a drive and it cut out after 100 yards it started over again with a little bit of throttle (and turning the key) and drove anouther 10 feet before dying again.

Any ideas? it just cuts out dead. Dash lights stay on though so not an electrical fault.

Yeah if you mean all the light s you would get after 2 clicks of the key? Think the engine managment light may come on too will have to check.

Its a facelift yes.

it could be just about anything aardvark :eek:
i would check for any faultcodes first, and then try to determine if it was a fuel or spark fault

does the key feel weird turning the ignition-----sort of sticking or even looser turning than before
as it could be a wrecked ignition switch
i see you say it is not an electrical prob but they creep in and out so seems like theyr ok but in actual fact its intermitent

Ok going to change my diagnostic slightly. just took it for a wee drive. it seems to stutter when the revs drop below 2000rpm and then the engine loses all power, power steering still works however. The engine doent properly cut out until about 5 seconds after losing all power then the usual dash lights come on.

engine pic
19994402.jpg

Back