• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

dtm247's Micra Adventures!

Hello Hello!

Roughly a month ago I bought my first Micra! It's a K11 and I LOVE this thing! There's something about this car I just connect with.

I'd love to mod it and do amazing things to it! But I'm broke. So I'm gonna have some fun with it and do what I can with what I've got while just enjoying the ride.

dtm247

My first adventure was a trip to Santa Pod for the JapShow Finale! Instead of forking out for a tent, I did what many others did and put the seats down and slept in the boot so I could wake up early on the Sunday. Of course, I couldn't resist taking here down the strip. This is how it all played out:

She's not a ten second car, but she is two 10 second cars with a best run of 20.5 seconds.

For my next adventure, I went to London to see a band. I didn't want to be late or have my little shed stolen so I splashed out on some decent parking. I just had to video what I saw! There's also a surprise at the end :)

Warning: I say Rolls Royce WAY too much!

Thought i'd put some new speakers in my whip. Then I realised I actually don't mind the crappy ones that came with it. They give it character in my opinion. Sp I figured i'd make a vid on how to take the door cards off instead:

It all started with one little purchase. I bought a Nismo badge figuring it'd be funny. But then I realised that one little Nismo badge might make people think my little K11 was a sleeper. And I really can't afford the insurance for a sleeper. Or an engine swap. Or any reasonable mods really.

So with my insurance company not really giving 2 hamsters about stickers, I decided i'd turn my little Micra into a sheep in wolf's clothing. This is how it begins...

r7m6FIS.jpg

FNfgx3E.jpg

Figured i'd start at the back just to let those tailgaters know who's boss. Also as it's the most important part of the car considering most people see it. I'm gonna put Carbon Fibre vinyl on the spoiler and some more white nismo stickers on the carbon trim above the number plate. After that, I think I need something else on the rear bumper as it'll still be a bit too subtle for my liking. Suggestions?

Also on the list of mods to come:
  • Carbon Fibre bonnet wrap
  • Red nismo side stripes
  • Nismo mirror decals
  • Nismo front grill badge
  • Nismo front sun strip
  • Red little Nismo flag decals
  • Plenty more black and white Nismo badges all around
  • Maybe some new hubcaps

Any suggestions (other then take it into the woods and set fire to it) appreciated :)

Today I went about trying to wrap my spoiler in carbon fibre vinyl. Figured I was too awesome for tutorials or any of that rubbish and that spoilers should be a walk in the park. I mean it's only a flat bit of plastic??

It wasn't...

Back