Driving Automatic Advice pleaseeeeee...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Often when I am approaching a stop (red light) I knock the box into Neutral and coast up... and Neutral is obviously there to stop over heating so for longer stops at lights I stay in N until ready to drive...

Was talking to a colleague about this... and he said it is very bad practice as it increases wear and tear... on the synchronizers and and flexplate?? and there have been a lot of mixed views at work so is there an answer? I don't want to kill the autobox its the easiest thing to break and most expensive to replace.

Cheers.

hi mate, you dont need to knock it into neutral. if you are waiting for an extended time then once you stop you can apply the handbrake and put it into neutral. otherwise theres no need,

I only stick mine in neutral whenever am stoped for a little while. More so now than with my older car. The N-CVT stays still in drive but my 52 has the sports box that wants to drag forward. Nissan recommended putting it in neutral but then again they told me only to change the oil every 12,000 miles and I consider that rubbish so ... personal preferance maybe?

Back