Driveshafts... Cut them or any other option???

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hey guys. Im having some real bother with the driveshafts on the Red SR. Everything else is unplugged and the engines taken strain from the crane. Ive tryd my utmost to undo the bolts to the lower strut mounting to the point where there just rounding off!

Now im really running out of patience soo Im enquiring as to should I just saw through the driveshafts! I dont need them personally and im not even sure ill be needing the gearbox. I mainly just want the block out!

All help is much appreciated (even though its probably a stupid idea!)

Trying your idea Frank but it just wont come out! The maul grips are slipping before the shaft gets a chance to pull out...

Trying your idea Frank but it just wont come out! The maul grips are slipping before the shaft gets a chance to pull out...

have you pushed the engine/box away from the shaft ? (the inner cv,s have a fair bit of sideways/lateral give, but if the engine is leaning against the shaft it wont "give" eh :eek: ) and try 2 grips ? or more pressure ?

have you pushed the engine/box away from the shaft ? (the inner cv,s have a fair bit of sideways/lateral give, but if the engine is leaning against the shaft it wont "give" eh :eek: ) and try 2 grips ? or more pressure ?

Cut the cv boot and make sure you have no pressure on drive then crack the outer cv joint with a block hammer. it's only a little wire spring clip holding the shaft into the joint! A good sharp jolt will release it.

Back