Driver side window rattles

Has anybody noticed this tapping noise when driverside window is slightly open. It sounds like the switch is faulty and knocking noise come out of the window compartment.

There have been posts on this before. Do a search.

The dealers have a couple of fixes for this, the glass is slightly loose. I think someone also posted a home fix, but i cant remember what it is.

Mine still does it, havent bothered to get it fixed as its always raining!

Hi m8
I have the same problem with both front windows. I don't know what it is but I heard some other people had it as well and Nissan knows about that. I took it to my dealer and said that they are going to order some parts and fix next week. It's covered by the warranty and it's only gonna take 1 hour to fix it so I think it's ok. Hope that helps

Thanks Fordy, but this is not a rattle we are talking about, its more like an electronic swich noise which sounds more like a knock than a rattle. This knock you will normally hear once when you try to wind the window up or down, but in our case it keeps knocking all the time.

yes they make all kind of noises some really loud knocking and rattling and sound as if the windows going to break at any time kinda noise

Yes thats the one Fordy, my car is due for its first 12000 miles servicing soon, will get the dealer to look into it. It really annoying that a less than 12 month old car to start making all sorts of noise. Thanks for your advice, appreciate it.

Back