drinking petrol why ?

b47to

Ex. Club Member
my micra is drinking petrol anything from 70 to 50 mpg is all im getting to £10

i have bought a induction kit so my air filter is no longer sat ontop of the throttle body

changed oil,spark plugs,oil filter still no difference

mod wise i have got induction kit,de catt and back box

yeah for time been had to put 205s on front :( theyve eat the tread away on the tyres on inside if u get me.

yeah for time been had to put 205s on front :( theyve eat the tread away on the tyres on inside if u get me.

the dodgy tracking is,nt helping your mpg then, i would fit the stock air filter back on for a week, because 60ish mls/tenner sucks imo fwn

no ive put them on the front and since then on the it has eat the tread on the inside i will take pics nothing to do with scrubbing

Well i have a 1.4 sport k11 and i fill up with around 30 litres this usually lasts me around 195 to 210 miles around town with around 1/4 of the miles done going to and from work along the motorway.

Although i have had around 250-270 all motorway miles.

Mods : alloys 195/15, back box, induction kit (on top of throttle body) thats all i can think that would inhibit mpg.

i do 30.31 mpg at 12.41p per mile. (82.9P/L)

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php

yea like people have said it sounds like your suspention and tracking is horribly out of whack!

if you get the geomatry set up properly you will do much better, also if you make sure your tyres are pumped up etc, it all makes a difference

I find these cars use way too much petrol on the motorway or dual carriageway.

Sat at nearly 4k for 70 is using too much petrol.

Could just be how your driving?

my micra is drinking petrol anything from 70 to 50 mpg is all im getting to £10

i have bought a induction kit so my air filter is no longer sat ontop of the throttle body

changed oil,spark plugs,oil filter still no difference

mod wise i have got induction kit,de catt and back box

Can you please clarify? Are you saying you are only achieving between 50-70miles to £10?

In order to be as accurate as possible, you really need to fill the car completely and run a whole tank in order to get a best average figure. Your fuel gauge isn't reliable enough to accurately measure the consumption of £10 worth of fuel.....unless you have a calibrated flowmeter setup in your car, in which case I stand completely corrected ;)

K11 gauges are lousy, I've had 3 K11's and they all read differently, infact only one actually reads correctly and allows me to safely use 39l out of the 42l that the tank has capacity for.....the other is a terrible 28l till the reserve comes on!

To a full tank, depending on how I drive, (this particular car is a standard 1.3 GX), gives anything from 320-400miles to a fillup.

Back