Does my 1994 K11 have a rev limiter?

cheers guys. I could have sworn I was told once I valve bounced it when I revved it silly, I'm wrong!

Will it hurt my engine loads by bouncing it off the rev limiter?

Another thing for those with the standard tacho... It seems that it is a little bit, err, optimistic from about 5000rpm onwards.

I can 'rev' to 7500rpm according to the tacho (I chicken out at this stage and shift up a gear - i used to have an SR20DE powered car, adventures past 7500rpm are imprinted into my brain to be bad things as the original hydraulic lifter head has a habbit of rejecting its rocker arms at high rpm... lol) but i'm only just hitting around 6400rpm according to Nissan Data Scan running on a laptop plugged into the CONSULT port.

So thats where most of the arguements over revlimiter are probably stemming from. :)

(and if you don't have a tacho, just change up a gear once you feel the car run out of puff. It happens soon enough if you're running the standard intake or exhaust manifold.)

the ecu sets the limit for the rpm, it can change, there are actually a few limits, they can be based on coolant, load, and even speed.

6900 is the highest i have seen a standard k11 limit at, you can occasionally rev higher, but this is not due to the rev limit, if you knock it into second gear from 6900 in fifth, the car will rev higher, lol!

remember that add on tachos wont be accurate!! my nissan fitted one hits the limiter at 6500RPM it doesnt really matter its only a number at the end of the day change gear before it hits the limiter and it wont matter.

James said:
my standard tacho bounces just below 7000rpm, i think yours might just be a bit borked ;)

Quite the opposite - I'd say yours is a bit of a freak mate. ;)

I haven't seen a 100% accurate gauge in a Nissan yet. lol. Farkin nissans.

Back