Rev Limiter/ need´s help

CMF_Elfto

» CMF Member
Hello to everybody

I have a nissan micra K11 1.3l rallycar and now I have tuned my engine, but I got a new problem.

I got much more hp, but we dont know how much because the engine hit to rev limiter.

The question--> Does anyone know´s how I could take that limiter away?

Please answer me a.s.a.p , because now the man who make those final adjustments wait an answer from me and my next rally will be 29.01.06

Kind´s Regards, Toni from Finland

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'll sell you my factory BOSCH ECU which let me rev past 7000rpm (to 7500rpm to be exact) while accelerating on the freeway - twice. Not game to go any higher because of possible fueling issues at those RPM.

How do I explain it? I dunno. Its too hot here in Brisbane to lie in an uncomfortable position in the car and remove the ECU, because it looks like I have to remove the second metal box with a big loom going to to underneath the factory ECU.

CMF_Elfto

» CMF Member
Yes now it´s about 6700rpm and I need it to change that between 7500--8000rpm.

I have already added the bigger fuel pump and perfect power. We have added that perfect power side of original box and now we could change ign.timing and air amount etc. Still we don´t know is it possible to cheat the original box with perfect power and that how take that limiter away.

- toni -

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
If you want to speak about chipping the original box give micra_pete at www.micraholics.co.uk an email, he has chipped and tunes his own ECU and can remove rev limits. Does cost a fair bit of money tho.

Yom its probably just the tacho faulting, I thought mine did but when I read from consult it only went to 6700 when tacho shows around 7500.

When pete looked at the code the limiter was deffo 6700 :]

If you are really interested you could download the ECU code via consult and send it over for inspection?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh. You can stop rubbing in how stupid I am to let it go now. lol

If i can find one, would you be able to supply me with the program you use to extract the ROM data? I only had a simple windows program which showed some guages which refreshed every few seconds. It was basic but it let me know what sensors were playing up, etc.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Remember folks "The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten."

micra_pete has put a lot of time and research into getting to know the K11 ECU. I would say he is the leading expert on these in the world.

It WILL be money well spent.

Besides it's a race car, your sponsors are really paying for it anyway and as I said it will be money well spent.

And before you ask, No, I'm not on micra_pete's payroll.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
Yom, the ecu needs modifying internally, and various codes / maps changing, its not really a simple job, micra-man, thanks for the compliment, but i would not go that far!

CMF_Elfto

» CMF Member
Pete does that mean that I should send the box to you and you will make a changes and then you send the box back to me.

How much it cost app.

- toni -

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi, if my memory serves me well, im pretty sure a number of the japanese devices lift the rev limit. im pretty sure the apexi super sfc is one of them. hks sld?(speed limit defencer) might be another one. rev speed meter might be another.

CMF_micra_pete

» CMF Member
i know others would say otherwise, but personally no, the e-manage ultimate, imo is the best of the bunch though, as it can correct quiet a bit, but your still tricking the ecu

CMF_Elfto

» CMF Member
Hey everybody!

Thank you that you tryied to help me with that issue.

Now we have solved the rev limiter "problems". Now we had set limiter to 8000rpm. Also we changed fuelchart, ignitionchart etc. Now I got it out 130hp.

Everybody who is interesting to tune your ecu´s could send me a mail [email protected]

Best Regards,

Toni

Attachments

• 12315.jpg
    12315.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
good you got it sorted. how about posting here what parts and work was done to get the results. saves you replying to lots of emails.

Back