Dodgy mechanics

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Gawd I hate dodgy mechanics! I was unable to get in contact with my regular mechanic so I took a chance with the new Autoco Belconnen and failed.

A minor service (lube service) cost $135 plus $22 for an air-filter.

The guy calls me soon after I dropped my Maxima off and says I need new front brakes, CV joints, and tyres.

Okay, I'd admit that my rear tyres will need replacing soon but my front tyres are new?!

As for new front brakes and CV joints after picking my Maxima up I took it to my mechanic in Mitchell and he couldn't find anything wrong with them.

Dodgy!

cisco

» CMF Member
Dodgy buggers!

That SUCKS. I hate big chain mechanic type places.

You always want the small guy who looks after his customers.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
For all the Canberra boys/girls:

If you want any mechanical/electrical work done (not performance oriented) or rego inspections go see Mark at BP Jamison.

He's worked on Mighty (my old turbo Micra) as well as my new one and numerous others. If you tell him Sean with the Green Micra sent you, you'll leave with a bit more money in your pocket too.

Also, he's damn good at what he does, he was the only person other than Ben (Intune Automotive) to touch the old Micra, and he's going to be the only one to touch the new one.

Bad luck with the crappy mechanic Ben!

Sean

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
yep sux hey. found two RH engine mount bolts had been replace with shorter ones and striped out the first 3-4mm of thread :( , lucky there is still lots of thread left, as i've fitted some longer bolts. Then yesterday found that 1 1/2 of the 3 rear gearbox bolts thread are stripped completely, argh. That was all done by one shop back when i got my car, they also forgot to refit some AC Bolts and put the intake snorkle back on. Hope i've found everything they stuffed,

Alex

Back