Do you know something I don't????

CMF_Wilzy

» CMF Member
hi guys
Inside the bootlid there is a metal plate that i would really love to get behind.
it has those plastic type screws with phillips heads holding it yet when i try and unscrew them they just keep turning without coming out. does anyone know a secret on how to get these bad boys out or am i just being stupid??
cheers

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
the screw can be tricky to get out. unscrew it slowly and dont push the screwdriver too much against it. too much and you'll just make the screw threads slip and push it back in as you've found, too little and the tool'll just slip. a good fitting philips head also helps.

once the screws head gradually comes out enough to leave a small gap between the head and the outer rivet casing, slip in a blade or small flathead screwdriver to prevent it slipping back in.

gently push the blade/flathead against and up the screw to help the threads grip and also pull the screw out, at the same time continue unscrewing.

or alternatively, once the head just unscrewed out enough, grab the screw head side with nose pliers and pull it out.

Back