Gf 1st micra - what do you think?

Hi all,

I went to see a K11 pre facelift R plate "Vibe" today. It has immaculate interior, very good condition front cross member. Revved it and no blue plume or black sludge coming out of the exhaust. It does have two scuffs, one on the drivers side rear wheelarch which will rust, but isn't too late to treat somehow. Also the drivers side sill is slightly rusty, and there is a little hole under the driver side wing mirror. Apart from that it looks and drives well.

One thing I noticed was a rattle on the exhaust, but only when stationary. I noticed this on my sister's K11, and it was just the heat cover coming loose, although I couldnt see a heat cover on this one, so i'm not sure what it was...could have been a clip holding the exhaust in place I think.

What do you all think to what price should be good please? He wants £895 "ono" for it, so obv a little bit of play. It's actually being advertised on a forecourt now though for £1295!

Cheers.

Give him 800 cash - and the exhaust isnt a big problem if you get some tools out. Also - check the cross member... thats a good way of bargaining down a price...

Dusk said:
Give him 800 cash - and the exhaust isnt a big problem if you get some tools out. Also - check the cross member... thats a good way of bargaining down a price...

cross member looks as good as new.

I was thinking about 800 you know. My gf actually has the cash in notes too.....

just wondered if anyone knows how much it'd cost to get rust repaired on a sill, the rust measures about 30cm by 10cm? just a rough idea please?

A small rust hole on my K10 sill (probably 10cm by 10cm) cost me £30 to have repaired.

£30 is the cheapest you'll get it I was told by a welding shop cause they gotta get their tools out... dunno how much your thingy would cost.

Hope that is helpful.

Turtle said:
A small rust hole on my K10 sill (probably 10cm by 10cm) cost me £30 to have repaired.

£30 is the cheapest you'll get it I was told by a welding shop cause they gotta get their tools out... dunno how much your thingy would cost.

Hope that is helpful.

cheers turtle, that is helpful. I wonder how they would do it. would they just put new metal over the bit that's rusted? I dont understand really. Also, would they paint it for you or would you need a body shop for that really?

Back