Do I need to replace my brake pads at 18000?

I am not sure, what it is, feels like at low speed brake the pads vibrates like abs kicking in. I drive quite sensibly and brake sensibly. The disk has a lip very thin though. Car has done 18k miles, at 12000 service dealer said brake pads were ok. Anyone replaced pads at 18k or less?:confused:

take it back to the dealers
or unless you like to play with cars whip the wheel off and check the pads in the inspection plate
there is a possablity the disc has warped but i doubt it if you drive normal and never really cooked your brakes

my discs warped at 26k, its not surprising to find it at even lower mileage. if they are found to be faulty, go on ebay and get some mintax pads and discs for under £50 and get local mechanics to fit them. this will save you lots of money!

I thought he meant Engine oil! which would be pretty bad if it's not been changed in 28K!

yeah engin oil never been topped up lol i did mean that lol, just put in some today car runs a lot better lol sounds better anyway lol didnt need doing but was at 1/4 full so i put some in lol

sorry for all the lol's i had to keep stopin to write ha ha

yeah engin oil never been topped up lol i did mean that lol, just put in some today car runs a lot better lol sounds better anyway lol didnt need doing but was at 1/4 full so i put some in lol

sorry for all the lol's i had to keep stopin to write ha ha

only 1/4 full? thats at dangerous level that is! :sick:

accordin to reg vardy my best mates (COUGH) IT WAS FINE lol sorted now tho lol

sorry evans halshaw (corrected by missus lol) with the best customer service ever (COUGHS AGAIN)

Maybe I Shouldnt Go There Ever Again?ha Ha

I've got an SR, and can corroborate.
i've done just under 20,000 miles, and been told i've got 20% left on my pads. The discs would benefit from a skim to prep' 'em too.
a bit pap i thought.

i think one of the main reasons discs warp is because people dont change their pads when it becomes ineffective, metal on pads will scrap against metal on disc resulting in a even bigger bill later on. so change early....

I've got an SR, and can corroborate.
i've done just under 20,000 miles, and been told i've got 20% left on my pads. The discs would benefit from a skim to prep' 'em too.
a bit pap i thought.

what would you pay?
spend £25 or so for 2 discs skimming?
or
replace both front discs

hmm i know what i'd do

i remember you used to be able to get pads with a layer of grinding compound (like a skin) to reface the discs for the first few miles of use!
dont know if they were any good tho!

what would you pay?
spend £25 or so for 2 discs skimming?
or
replace both front discs

hmm i know what i'd do

oh i totally agree,

i was just a little surprised that the pads 'gave up the ghost' after 20K miles. seems quite short lived.

hmmm... maybe i've been caning it a bit hard

anyway, i'll opt for tougher compound pads for the next lot. something racy/ nismo ish

Back