DIY Service

Go for it. Its simple enough to do :)
Dont worry there's plenty of folk here to help you through it if you get stuck
Dont forget you'll need oil to go with that oil filter in that set. They go hand in hand :)
Not only that you get to know your engine and any problems you might not have seen before

Scott it's really easy on a micra, I do recommend getting an oil filter removal tool as I've experienced some extremely difficult ones, I'm over the days of knocking a screwdriver through and twisting whilst being covered in oil.

^ you'll need something to catch the old dead oil too :p...otherwise large dirty patch on your driveway LOL

I've changed my own air filter....is really easy...
...oil filters can be awkward but easy enough too

not sure how you change you spark plugs but as h701 said....plenty of members here would surely help you out if you got stuck ;)

You certainly can.. plus the fact I appear to be living on here at the mo :D many may have noticed

Yea that would seem alot better. Especially being a genuine nissan one too

Nothing wrong with that always welcome :D

Cool, might need to be next pay day before I order it right enough but its in need of a service, poor micra is sounding fair rough :(

In the mean time you could take your air filter out. Hoover any leaves or crud out and the filter from the bottom and clean it up a bit.
Another freebie... if you take your distributor cap off you could clean the contacts up that will give you better contact for your ignition

If you can get a hold of some carb cleaner for a couple of quid give that a quick squirt into the inlet to clear that up a bit
Same with spark plugs take em out and give em a clean with that stuff

Like I say it all helps :)

I service all my cars because i'm cheap. I usually do some homework, take my time and try to have something to refer to in case i find something i wasn't expecting.

I done third times myself now so it's easy job to do. Btw I fix myself as i am not mechanic. ( I am going to be an accountant soon.) everyone is different so they can try out on their hobbies like me and others too.

Edit: Oh yea I use search bar or make new thread if you are not sure so we can help you. Good luck with your first service job :)

Back