Diy 4 branch

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Have been in touch with my mate to see if he can supply some manifold flanges and bent pipes (4) to do some 4 branches. Now if he can do this so its cost effective I may be able to start supplying them but only in kit form as im not prepared to spend all my spare time welding them up. However it should be simple enough ie cut pipes to suit and weld them up. Im expecting a price of around 50 to 70 quid per unit but as he hasnt given me the exact cost I cant say for certain all I can do is wait, but I thought I would share this with you anyway so I can get some feedback on peoples thoughts to this. Oh yes and maybe i can get him to do some more decat flanges again it will be kit form pipe and 2 flanges £25.00 just needs welding up, or there maybe an opertunity for someone to weld them up for members and make a little pocket money.

i bet you could make a 4-branch out of stianless for under £100 (swiper made a stianless cat back exhaust himself on his drive for a £100)...hardest part is welding!

cant get stainless i dont think..........the pipes wont be thin walled crap stuff they will have some longevity about them .........

re kindling this thread as ive just been on phone to my mate and we are setting things up next weekend. so with that in mind maybe instead of them been in kit form he has given me a price of £80.00 welded up so thats a 4 branch down to 2nd cat for 80 quid or he says he will supply it in kit form for £55.00 also the decat pipes he says he will do again in kit form for £20.00 I know most members would like it in stainless but if there like me they may not be able to afford it, so maybe this thread is aimed more at the poor micra owners among us lol.........

ac ? air con maybe post some pics of the manifold so as i can see what we are up against, I dont have photos as yet but im thinking of 2 types one will be like the normal janspeed item the other will be 4 branch into first cat replacing the top plate on cat, when i get the head bolted down on bench this week and measurements taken i will see. I can give some sort of idea in that the plate that goes onto first cat is big enough to get 4 pipes snugley in there so would be getting those cut out along with flanges pipes bent to suit and welded in........

Attachments

• DSCF0334.JPG
    DSCF0334.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
I should be able to stick some pics up of my engine bay later tonight so you can see the difference with A/C fitted.

There was a thread not long ago with some pictures of manifolds modded to suit A/C car's, I'll try finding that too.

cheers for that wouldnt care just took a micra to scrappy with air con fitted as it was stolen recoverd i couldnt take off parts

so is it more a clearance issue robert? as what i have in mind should be okay, im building the mock up later today so that the bends are correct and easy to follow. Then when its dismantled my mate can just copy everything and cut flanges on laser, the only problem I may have is that the thickest steel he can do is 0.5 cm or half a center meter for those that didnt get that, so not knowing the thickness of a genuine janspeed manifold flange would that be within tollerance or maybe i will double them up and seam weld around flange to give a thickness of 1.0 cm I would imagine the later been best anyway the first mock up is going to be a short 4 branch much the same as you allready have robert but 4 seperate pipes you will see later today what i mean.......

Japseye, I would be really interested in this idea of yours, just to confirm would it be 2 x 2 pot plates and 4 exhaust tubes? See image attached.

Attachments

• Manifold.JPG
    Manifold.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 197
may be 2 exhaust manifold plates but was thinking of mabe making it one piece depending on weight will be working on it later and yes 4 pipes again im working on it today mocking up in plywood and 22mm copper

Back