4 branch manifold

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Okay m8s a little help needed here. I have made and im very happy with results a de-cat pipe and when the new batch of flanges are finnished they will be for sale again. On the 1ltr micra there is a definate power increase when used along side a k&n type air filter/oil breather and just leaving the standard rear back box in place. Now my attentions have turned to exhaust manifolds getting the mating surface flow jetted aint a problem i will just use a standard manifold gasket as a template what I want is some pictures and measurements of 4 branch exhausts bore width of pipes used length of pipes and plenty of photos from all directions..........I have done search and it seems the cheapest you can get one is around 150 quid no good to me I have a family to feed I want to be able to make these not hard very easy and hopfully bring it in at around the 60 quid mark, a huge huge saving to members here.....I have all the ppl in place to do flow jet work they will even supply me the pipes allready pre bent just ready for welding but i cant do a thing without pictures and measurements so anyone want to help me then in turn maybe i will help members get cheap 4 branch and as allready proven de-cat pipes.........................ken:wasntme:

micracharge

Now with added V6...
Ken - if you want a money spinner, then believe me - CG10/13 turbo manifolds are what you want to be making. Simple CG to T2 flange item would be a hot-cake style seller I bet...

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
yeh a a t25 flange would be absolutely great. Anyway let me know what dimensions you need etc and images and i'll get on it.

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
ken,

is there any chance of a few measurements/plans as i work as a fabricator/welder and have some free time in the workshop with some free stainless steel, plus i will still be getting paid.

Cheers

SHR3K

micracharge

Now with added V6...
And therein lay my point - its an HKS manifold, with an HKS price tag, not taking anything away from HKS at all (I work for the biggest seller for FCon V-Pro units - so I like HKS) but its too expensive for the Micra crowd. A tubular turbo manifold has maybe £80 worth of materials in it...

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
i agree with micra charge not everyon wnats to pay HKS prices. If you look at america people are turbo charging civics left right center just becuase the manifolds and other equipment is cheap some guys have build turbo'd civics for $500 for a low psi setup. I am hoping that someone makes these available as i am up for turbo chargin my 1.0 in summer.

micracharge

Now with added V6...
I'd like to be able to offer a kit in all honesty, packaged with my upcoming Plug'n'play MicraSquirt ECU setup, turbos are cheap enough but its always been the manifolds that are a ###### to get hold of.

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Yeah thats the the only thing that was putting me off it really as the mani costs the most. If there was manifold already available i would have been collecting parts right now as i want to build a sub £1000 turbo as i got the car for free i don't want to be spending too much as i will never ever see returns on it.

By the way the megaqsuirt can it be mapped totlaly on closed loop operation? on say 6 psi and be fine?

micracharge

Now with added V6...
Well, technically you could have it map itself on closed loop, but I wouldnt advise it, instead it would be best mapped on a dyno and then use the closed loop only to keep the mixture tidy at cruise and light load, but in terms of its capabilities it can run upto 22psi on its internal MAP sensor, and then upto around 3.5 bar (!!) on an external sensor.

The latest firmware is good to do almost everything you could ever actually "need", programmed outputs for Fan and NOS control etc, its pretty cool.

Sorry - gone O/T though. 4 branch manifolds good idea - turbo manifolds also good idea - go for it ken :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Antony, you won't have any problems selling it. Some bloke sold it to me (forgotten name), and i sold it on to you! I was going to use it for my CG13 conversion, and being a big name manufacturer, and a quality built part, it's definitly worth what you paid. To get that in the UK, your looking at a 6 week wait or more, it's rare and i don't think people understand that! If your doing a turbo conversion, it's worth paying the price for decent bits. That HKS manifold is worth that price!

Anyway, with regards to making manifolds & decat's and selling them on the MSC, your probably going to need to discuss Trade membership with Kev.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
cheers rimmer... i know its worth that, its just ever since i baught it, no one else looks like wanting one..lol

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
WOW:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: I didnt expect as many replies.......what I need is length of pipes how far out from block bends are and plenty of photos. the turbo ones must be differant given the replies here well again pics will and would help....I can test the none turbo manifold on my 1ltr k11 but i wont be able to test a turbo one. If anyone has a busted 4 branch manifold that is no good then that would be even better if i offer to pay postage on it then send me it.......as for looking for a money spinner you may not beleave me but im not, I hate having to pay top price for everything in this country and if I can get around it by cobbling together something then i will and if i can re produce items at a good price for other people then I will. as said earlier my m8 works a flow jet so why not make use of this and get stuff done while i can..........

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
gonna do a search to see how differant they are.........search done and these look complicated but hey i will still have a go are these the correct ones....
t255.jpg

t254.jpg

t253.jpg

t252.jpg

t251.jpg

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
so the differance is the mating flange but can someone explain why I get the feeling that the flange on these dont point down it points upwards........these look very complicated ie the bends..............can somone go into detail has anyone got one that could be measured up and photos taken in situ got to start somewhere ............and im still looking for a standard 4 branch thats busted to copy it.........surley im not going to have to go out and buy one just to make them cheaper for other people I need to save as well..............

superls

K10 Tuner
i cant help you with a busted manifold as i havent got 1, but wot im going to ask you is is there any K10 stuff in the pipeline? ie a 4-2-1 manifold,
or an MA1* exhaust manifold flange and the mid section cat flange.

cheers

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
as i dont have a k10 to trial fit stuff it would be hard but i may be able to sort out the flanges if you explain a little more.....

Antony

Ex. Club Member
the hks cast maniofld points upwards, this is the most direct route to the inlet, but causes masses of piping thats not needed if it hangs below the manifold for intercoolers....

as for the NA 4 branch....... all you need is two flanges, one for the head and one for the lower cat, and the rest is up to your imagination..... if it fits your car, it will fit 99% of cars on this site, (appart from those pansies with aircon...lol)

so let your imagination run wild..

the turbo ones are a little more difficult, but if you can get ahold of the bends in 90 deg. increments then your should have no problems making one... again its about the size constraints too. as there is a problem with over head space and radiator space.....

up 2 you tho.

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
theres no point in going over complicated with turbo manifolds like that, stick to something simple and easy which is sapce saving like log type manifolds.

images of a few
sr20delog.jpg

Stainless-4AGE-Toyota-Exhaust-Manifold-Ae82-Ae86-Ae92_W0QQitemZ250117295832QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38786QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

something along those lines would be easy and you could easily change the flange type for different turbos.

just a thought.

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
I have a log type at home from a toyota 4afe engine and the exhuast hole diameter is very similar so once my course is finished (20 june) i will start welding if you have not made any for sale by then.

would you be able to make flange plates for the exhaust manifold? i.e from block so i can weld my manifold on.

cheers

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Manifold flange is been flow jeted as we speak so hopefully by next week I will have a log type manifold, just have to get scrap manifold to make the jig from .............then welding will begin will post any findings I have with this....

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
cool, keep us updated.

I am very interested in this. Have you got a rough figure for these yet?

What turbo flange woudl you be using? i wouldn't mind a T25 but i have an ihi that i wanna make use of as some are quick spooling and good for small engines.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
im interested in a 4 branch.... very very interested......

infact i can paypal you some money to complete if you want me to....
that way you can just send me one for testing..

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I will do what i done with de-cat pipe and that is when I complete the first manifold then I will put it on here free of charge for testing purposes only this time the person who gets it has to cover postage none refundable............

Antony

Ex. Club Member
done.... let me know when its done dude.... and ill post a full review on how to fit, what is involved, any probs and also performance too...

micracharge

Now with added V6...
Without wanting to rain on anyones parade here, take considerable care to maintain the primary/secondary runner lengths to within a few mm's of the Janspeed item, those lengths will make or break an NA engine, and the Janspeed is known to work.

The ideal acid test would be to back to back them on a decent (ie. Dynapack) dyno?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
A Janspeed consumer manifold is probably the least effective design out there to copy but for the price these are going to sell for it's not really a problem tbh.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
nah sorry m8 my mates going through a messy divorce at the moment so dont want to push him to do manifold flanges as he has lots on his mind...sorry

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
no problem mate, i understand. Trying to find someone to make the flanges or the entire turbo manifold got one guy in america but its gonna be hard since i don't think they got the engine.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
when he comes around i will sound him out but its kinda hard as his kids live just 4 doors down and his ex is allready moved the boyfriend in so hes not a happy bunny