Distributors to coils micra k11

ok so i have an 01 micra k11 1 litre gx with a coil engine, the coil engine is no longer working so i bought a 00 distributor engine before knowing there was a difference.

but looking at both engines it looks like if i change parts like alternator and side panel with camshaft sensor and rocker cover with holes for ignition coils aswell as blocking of the hole for the distributor unit with a piece of metal.

would doing thing work or is there still something im missing?

ok so i think ill forget about this because i bought the engine due to a blown headgasket, alot of people say its better to replace the engine then to have to deal with the timing chain so i boughtthe spare engine only to find out that id have to mess with the timing chain,

can someone tell me if there is a difference in orientation of the sprockets and timing markings on the inlet camshaft compared to exhaust because when i stripped down the orignal engine i forgot to mark which was which, also if i were to do the time again on this engine does it have to be removed from the engine bay

Shouldn't be, normally a straight - fix a new headgasket.
Some do have the head skimmed just to make sure.....I would have that done myself just in case of warping.

Back