distributor

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
nissan wanna charge me 900 + install for a dizzy.
one nissan place said it was repairable and not to replace it. the one i took it too (towed there) was my usual nissan dealer who want to just replace it.

anyone know if i can get secondhand ones and are they reliable to use?
anyone have one ?

cheers

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I asked a similer question some weeks ago. another member put me onto this crowd. http://www.nardek.com.au

This is the reply I got from them when I asked about a dizzy.

"That is our dissy ND-661 and they cost each $345.40 includes shipping. Very common dissy to die.

The ND-661 is a rebuilt dizzy as they are no longer available new.

If interested in our parts please fill in our secure online order form where you can use credit card:-"

I ended up useing a spare I had so cannot say what their stuff is like.
Asking if a 2nd hand one is reliable to use is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. It's really pot luck but I've got 2nd hand ones on both my cars and they've been going a yr so far but you cannot really predict.
Ovehaul prices I was quoted was getting near buying a new one and most places I asked did not want to do it at all.

So really your only options are to get 2nd hand one hopefully for a good price and take your chances or get a reco'd one from this Nardek mob.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
i bet the GA coil is the same eh (if thats an option)

Attachments

• 60635.jpg
    60635.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 35

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
Mycra: sorry i still didn't get the pm not sure why. i changed to my current email address. but thanks anyway.
dealership put pressure on me so i just ended up getting the aftermarket one the dealership offered. cost 500 plus 200 install. heavy price. but hopefully it will be more reliable new. it's just cost me a quarter of the price of the car!

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
rowstar WROTE:
plus 200 install.
Wow, that part seems a killer, considering it's like a 15min job to replace and set the timing.

I have yet to fit the replacement I bought off evilbay, not 100% sure if it's true new or rebuild used, but considering it was only $220 shipped, it seemed an ok punt to take.

Mine showed up with a broken cap, got to love postal services, but the seller sent me out a replacement cap right away which showed up the other day, still need to fit and see if my car is driveable again.

Out of personal interest, what was your car doing that prompted the replacement on yours?.

CMF_rowstar

» CMF Member
^^ it began to stall after about 5 min of driving.
sometimes, it would seem fine until i stopped at traffic lights, i'd go to take off and it would not take the juice, it would splutter and i'd be trying to keep it alive clutch kicking until it just rolled to the side of the road. very scary in traffic. but....give it 20min to an hour and she'd start again....i'd get a few minutes down the rd and it'd do the same thing again. each time the car would heat up properly it would just do the same thing again.

it seemed very similar to my regular throttle body playing up, but this time when i did my usual resoldered to the pins in the TB it was still doing the same thing, so i knew for sure it was something else this time. So i had the RACV come and check it and they said everything looked fine except the spark in the dizzy was wierd.

and sure enough it has been replaced now and all is fine. but expensive.

hope this helps someone else with a similar issue.

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
i had the same problem 2 years ago car would drive fine and cut out after some time it wouldn't start no more. Called NRMA roadside and they said distributor no good. had the car towed home. the next day called the local wrecker found and got one for $80 borrowed a timming light from a guy at work and followed the instructions from fellow members on the site easy job saved a lot of money by the looks. Ive also looked up replacment parts bosch sell them, you can get them through repco or supercheap, if you tell them the part numbers 5 week wait and sometimes on ebay if you search worldwide.

Back