distributer

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
hey guys car stalled 3 times yesterday nrma came out rekon its the distributer how can i tell. ive pulled it off what to i look for or check what else could cause my car to stall
where can i get parts from for the distributer n how much am i looking at

i need to go work :( but cant i need hep soon

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
distributor is the part that the spark plug leads come from. theres a cap on the top (plastic) check for cracks in it. you can probably get a new cap from nissan, or even pick and payless. if theres no crack, the little arrow shaped thing that spins inside may be worn out and need replacing. if the terminals inside arent geting a good contact it wont send a propper spark to the plug hence why it would missfire and stall.

hope it helps

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
thanks i just checked the coil and the capicter they seem fine rota button seems little worn but i found white oxide on the distributter cap must be it ill try buy some

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
well couldnt find any parts soonest was in a week so i went looking for second hand distributer found one for $100 which i though was a bargin. Might look into repairing the old one and keeping it as a spare.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
It's common for the coil to die, it may still give a spark, but it'll be weak. I think there's a power transistor & the angle sensor that can go as well.
Easiest way to eliminate it as a problem is to temporarily swap in a known good dizzy from a mates K11.

Back