Lx Maintenance

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
theres a noise like worn gears or something when i accelerate or especially decelerate (release the accelerater suddenly while being in gear) this happens through all gears so im thinking its not the Manual gearbox which i had overhauled less then 6 months ago.To me it dosent sound normal and feels like alot of play in gears but not sure where to look or how to identify the problem.
Any one had similar problems any ideas woul be appreciated.

Also im about to change oil fuel and spark plugs and was wondering wheather it was worth paying $100 or so on an K&N airbox filter. Will it Increase performance and relability of my car.

Last thing does anyone have an idea what an auto electrician would charge me to adjust the timing of my distributer or is it cheaper for me to go buy myself a timing light and do it myself.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
If you know how to adjust the timing then it would be cheaper to buy a timing light and do it yourself unless your on good terms with an auto elec. K&N will add a tiny amount of extra power but wont change reliability as its just an air filter after all. The noise, Are you sure your CV's are total shot?

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
My dad seems to think that its also the cv joints i have had a look on ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/A-PAIR-OF-CV...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

there not to far from where i live so is that a good price i would be paying for a pair of cv joints also are they hard to change whats involved if someone has done this.

i think i might start shopping for a timing light or ask around to borrow one from someone.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Those are complete CV joints and shafts and that seems a good price. Changing the whole shaft and joint is easy but you will need to also get some gearbox oil as you will drain it all out when you pull the shafts out.

Back