Disassembling seat runners

They are mamba or something like that, never hear of them but they were a bargain :p they do bolt on at the front but its way too high for my liking. So I'm trying to disassemble the runners to make some myself that fit properly.

They are mamba or something like that, never hear of them but they were a bargain :p they do bolt on at the front but its way too high for my liking. So I'm trying to disassemble the runners to make some myself that fit properly.

I see...do you actually mean like taking the runners off?

Suzie the Super S

Also, Swansea cruise next month?

Suzie the Super S

Yeah trying to take the runners apart. And I'll be in Swansea cruise no doubt but I'm not sure if ill be in my car as I'm not allowed to drive ATM (doctors orders)

Yeah trying to take the runners apart. And I'll be in Swansea cruise no doubt but I'm not sure if ill be in my car as I'm not allowed to drive ATM (doctors orders)

Ahhhhhhhh, I never managed to either! Just bolted them on top, liked the position lol! And ok bud! I do remember why, I will see you there then!

Suzie the Super S

Ahhhhhhhh, I never managed to either! Just bolted them on top, liked the position lol! And ok bud! I do remember why, I will see you there then!

Suzie the Super S

I did try it that way but these seats are way too thick on the bottom for me to use. See you there bro!
you have to grind a rivet off that holds the front bracket iirc mike :)
Okay thanks frank I think I know the one you mean.

you have to grind a rivet off that holds the front bracket iirc mike :)
This one here?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373990951.636687.jpg

No it doesn't it's for the feet to locate during welding. I thought the same thing when doing mine.

You need the runners for the mot so you need to find a way of securing it to the top

No it doesn't it's for the feet to locate during welding. I thought the same thing when doing mine.

You need the runners for the mot so you need to find a way of securing it to the top
with that rivet removed the runner slides all the way off iirc karl

Mike just so you know the drivers seat has to be able to move forwards and backwards with three lockable positions for the mot

You were correct (as usual) frank. I have managed to get them off as you said. I also drilled through the "dimples" on the bracket as it seemed to be getting in the way of something.
Here's a photo of them dry fitted ready for them to be put in permanently.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374007331.776608.jpg

Back