Seat dying?

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Anyone know if it's possible to dye the seats on a K11?

I have a spare set of SuperS seats so getting the material off is easier, I like the seat but don't fancy cost of re-trim and have had no look finding any decent seat covers so can I dye the existing material.

I've dyed clothes with no problem (thanks mom) but obviously the material is very different and I don't want my blue jeans getting a black ass over time!

U should be able to dye them with that Dylon stuff, i doubt you'll get any dye coming out of them but y not chuck them in the wash a few times just to be on the safe side!!! They pretty much work on all fabrics!!!

Thats what i was thinking, I would dye once, wash several times and then rub with one of moms nice white towels hehehe, then probably dye again, then wash etc etc
Do until a nice black but seeing how a bottle of cherry coke leaves a nice mark then proper dye should work good!

You can take the fabric off the seats! Thats music to my ears, I think someone may have been murdered in my car before I got it, it looks like the car interior in pulp fiction :sick:

Well, the SuperS seats look to come apart having zippers on back, the seat should be ok, will get some info up tomoorw if stops raining.

my mam recovered her seats in her old fiesta when she was my age. looked such a state! word of warning when dyeing seat covers though... make sure they dont shrink!

eh! noooooo!
Made it a rule to avoid the washing machine, if my mom knew I could use it I'd be doing it all the time!
Plus knowing me i'd dye the washing machine somehow.

Good news and bad news, manged to get all the covers off, there's loads of O rings, just looked at them after dying, they look nice and clean and grey!

WTF!

Not even the foam is black, left them details to my mom to do the machine.
Any help you guys can give would be good, I used Dylon from Tesco so assuming its for normal every day clothes, anything out there for upholstery?

lol sexy. make sure you move the sunroof over a bit.
you can buy upholstery dyes from places like binns or fenwicks as far as i can remember, or arts and crafts shops.
and add salt the washing machine.

I'm thinking now if all trys at dying fail I'm gonna look to find the best set of set covers to match the shape and interior, then I will basically glue and clip it on to the foam to make sure it keeps shape and doesn't look like it's just covering the seats.

Back