Seat replacement

I have a 2001 K11 S and wanted to swap the driver's and back seats out with my late uncle's 1996 K11 as my driver's seat back damaged in a break-in (what did they expect to find in the back of the seat?) and the 1996 one is a split folding type and mine isn't. Both 4 door K11's. My sister's neighbour got them out but wondering how to get them into mine? Ta!

Look under your seat to see the fixings, 4 nuts I think.
Should be a straight swap I would think.
And welcome to the forum.
Not sure it is, as the Super S rear seats wouldn't go straight into my 98'. The facelifts have the bolt type and the prefacelifts have a clip, which may not swap over easily.
They're not a straight swap, although they probably could be fit with some fettling, although I haven't had a proper go at it to tell you.
Edit: As above, welcome to the forum!

Hi there, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a picture of the original layout in Ernie (the 96 K11) and it does have four bolt holes, but my Green Goblin (2001 K11) has three easy to find and remove bolts but the fourth looks like it's hidden in some kind of black casing against the transmission tunnel, not easily prised off with gentle prodding unless I am prodding it from the wrong angle and not hard enough, so any advice will be welcome. Should I bother with the split rear seat or is it a big faff? We only have basic tools and not enough enthusiasm to go through lots of palaver to fettle the bits and pieces to fit? It was only an idea, not a necessity. I found that the five year difference meant that much was different including smaller wheels & windscreen wipers rendering new-ish bits just have to go to the scrapman instead.

I love Micras, this is my second (I keep them for a loooooong time) and before that I had a Bluebird because I was the proud mummy of a ginormous St Bernard. I would like to keep this current one as it is of great sentimental value. No plans to show it or customise it, but keep it in good nick for as long as possible.

Back