Diff knock

well it seams my diff is on the way out now, this has so far been confirmed by myself and 2 other mechanics to which i didnt tell them my thoughts before hand. Itsa lateface lift 1.0 on an x-reg with just 22000miles on the clock, never had any other problems before the car doesnt have its wheels spinning only up at santa pod on the track.

Cars had a few mods but since its a 1.0 nothing really to damage a diff, has anyone else had any problems like this before this early?? Also i guess i can still fit almera and primera gearboxes with just changing flywheel and clutch etc?

Also ill be stripping it down to double check tomoz night.

Well sort of, ive got a T reg k11 11k miles last time it snowed i lost 1st gear all the others were fine, wierd how quite major things happen to newish cars. I jus wacked a new box in and its fine now :D

Shall confirm tomoz, tempted to just get the welder fixed, fit a pulsar box with transfer box and go for my rwd conversion, lacking run around and rwd doner car so i er wont. lol

Ollyc98 i have to disagree with you there, everythings designed to break after 5 years (normaly the day after your warranty runs out.) not just cars. lol

Any had it jacked up, both wheels in the air, engine running and in gear. defo the diff, checked out the scrappy already and they ahave a 1.3 pre facelift box waiting for me for £125, could say its alot but im safe in the knowledge that if this diff is also ######ed i can take it back.

Didnt have any 1.3 engines though. :down:

Update, managed to get hold of a pre-facelift 1.3 g-box, i know that the bell housing is different (sensors starter motor etc) so that'l just be swapped around (i understand its alot harder than that).

Thankfully my bonus from work has covered it plus new gear box oil, degreaser and instant gasket (Plus some service items).

One more thing the 1.3 box has a lower ratio final drive and few different gears (slight difference).

Back