Dies when it idles and lost hp.

CMF_Saet

» CMF Member
Hi,

The car is a 2001 Nissan Micra K11 CG10DE (Stock engine)

Ive searched abit around, but Ive not found anything like my problem...

The engine dies when it idles, if I rev it upto 3k and step off the pedal it just falls down to 0 on the revcounter and dies. Its like it does not even try...
(Not when its in gear ofcourse.)

It also has kind of a "lag", when Im around 1200 and up, and steps on the accelerator it takes about 3-4 seconds for the engine to react. It also lost all of its horsepower... Im guessing it has around 10-20 hp right now, and runs terrible..
Does anybody have an idea what this could be?
Its our only car, so this is "a pressing matter" :p

CMF_Saet

» CMF Member
That eodb2 faultcode reader has a 2 week delivery time..

In the meantime: Started the car up this morning, and it idled perfectly until I tried to rev it..
It did not stall, but the revs dropped when I stepped on the accelerator.
When I tried to ease it up on the revs it worked(10% gas->20% gas ->30% gas and so on), but if I give 40-50% at once it starts to pop in the airfilter, smell of petrol and drop revs.

Thanks

CMF_Saet

» CMF Member
Disconnected the MAF and it purs like a kitten now.
It has never run this good earlier.
Ill try to replace it, but I have a CA18DET throttlebody and MAF from my 200SX S13, has anybody tried this before?
I guess I need to reprogram my ECU?

CMF_Saet

» CMF Member
The CA18DET t/b has the same boltpattern as the CG10DE.
Yeah I found a MAF on eBay, but Im thinking about tuning abit, so if the CA18DET MAF is bolt on Im going with that. Ill guess Ill just try :D Will post results on this, but ill hook up the e-manage and see how it goes :)

Back