Auto Gauge Water Temp Gauge

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Drift Temp sender adapter that fits in the top radiator hose. this one is the smallest i could find, 32mm, but it is till very tight fit.
you have to earth the sender so there's a small earth strap to the cylinder head.

Attachments

• 58722.jpg
    58722.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
back on with the wires, there's just an earth, Acc and the sender.

the gauge has another earth and Acc wire for the illumination as well as a wire that dimms the gauge when the headlights are on. the illumination earth and Acc i just spliced into the main earth and Acc wires, the dimmer is insulated and left unconnected.

Attachments

• 58724.jpg
    58724.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 41

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
the other gauge i've got in the micra.
headlights are on, motor off in this pic.
its on the right of the gauge cluster near the dimmer switch.

Attachments

• 58728.jpg
    58728.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 33

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
this is where the leftover crinkle black came from.
i'll rub back the lettering on the weekend so its silver. the paint cures slowly so a week of driving will bake it on nicely.

Also hav leftover Chromoly plate from the strut tower plates, may be enough to make some for the micra. will use steel bar instead of the Chromoly like i used here.

Attachments

• 58734.jpg
    58734.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
thanks Low, think i might have to splash out on some ultrabright white LED's for the rest of the cluster now. quick rub on the lens with some wet/dry should diffuse the light nicely and stop any 'hot spots'

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Cheers oldboy.

What still needs to be done on yours Low?
i thought bout the red but its not a honda and the black was leftover so didn't cost me any extra. had just enough to finish the rocker cover. was still in a painting mood so the exhaust heat shield got hit with black engine enamel.

Attachments

• 58738.jpg
    58738.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 27

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Personally i dont like the crinkle paint. Especially that one as its very crinkled. And the gauge cluster is not becoming very crowded. If you are going to do this why not take the standard gauges out of the stock cluster and replace them with all the same brand. Would be easy to do by putting a piece of plastic or alloy over your existing gauge holes when they are removed and then place the aftermarket ones in there. Then putting the clear plastic back over it and refitting it all. Think that would look alot better and less crowded.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
so am i mycra and sikK11, thats exactly the plan but for now i wanted the tacho and i wanted it there so i had to put a temp gauge in so i can monitor that. soon as i gwt another cluster i'll start fitting gauges to that.
these gauges will want a home cos i'm not gonna use them for the other tacho cluster i'll make, everything for the gauges has cost me less than $200 and i've got all the wires and temp sender fitting in the rad hose so the groundwork's been laid and i haven't spent much doing it.

the crinkle black looks average, came out much better on the datsun cos i did it when it was warmer - smaller crinkles, the micra was done at night but i just did it cos i wanted to do something and the paint was already paid for.
slowly looking into other options. carbon fiber cap, powder coat, bead blast and clear, matte black.... i'll play until i find something i really like.

Back