Ex. Club Member
ok story is...

problem -

i was playing with head unit wiring and now my dials dont work
ive the 2000+ semi renualt micra if u all didnt know by now but anyway
the dash lights work
the petrol guage dont move
the speedo dont move
or temp the digital dash bit(miles/clock)
the digi clock turns off if i turn off the key when its not meant to be
the things like handbrake fogs etc... other dash lights work just dials dont
seems kinda like its not got a constant 12v n a broken switch

when i take key out
something i noticed is that if i turn the key to ign without startin
the digital clock works but dont move/update if i turn off key n back on it updates ie clock says 00:02 on ign turn key off turn on again after 5mins 00:07 weird as i thought if it didnt have a constant 12v if i left ign on the clock should update but doesnt...only if i switch off key n back on it updates to what it should b but also if i left key out for a while the clock resets back to 00:00 (hence y also i thought it was a problem with constant 12v)
oh yeh head unit dont work

things ive tried -

ive checked fuses bottom right of steering wheel (apart from relays in there the ######s didnt want to come out lol) also the ones in engine nothing seems blown (did the relays here)
tried a different dash its not that
tried a different ecu not that

Did you disconnect the battery ground cable before you started "playing around with the head unit wiring?" Could be a fried fuse (something similar happened to me). Check them all, if in doubt.

S

kinda forgot bout the ground my bad lol but i couldnt find a blown fuse pulled them all out also swapped the relays with ones off a dif micra that has everything workin...

Back