Cvt gearbox needed in Perth

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
The car has been noisy since I got it, and has gradually gotten worse over a couple of years. Mechanics have told me it's the transmission and just to drive it til it dies and deal with it then. I went to drive off the other day and it wouldn't change into the next gear (I know they don't have gears as such but I don't know how to explain it) and wouldn't go over 20kmh. The revs would go high and just stay there and I wouldn't go any faster. Am I right in thinking that's the problem?

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
At the time of posting nobody wanted to deal with it, but through Nissan I've found a place that will be able to source the parts to hopefully repair it. Thanks

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
there is a place up near osborne park. 'autos r us' i think. They seemed to know stuff when i went there before.

You could try overfilling your transmission oil, because if you underfill u can get a similar problem in that it takes longer to change the 'gear'.

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Just thought I'd post a follow-up, I took it to Precision Automatics in Osborne Park and Ian did a fantastic job and is a very nice guy. It's quieter than when I first bought it! Some bearings had collapsed inside. Cost me a lottt but it's worth it cause I'm keeping this little car till it's dead. Thanks

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
I would've been heartbroken if I had to say goodbye LowMicra!

Yes it changes easily now David, occasionally it needs a little push but a whole lot easier than it was. I am taking it back in a couple of weeks because he wanted to just check it over after a month to make sure it's alright. There is a small funny noise occurring which I'll ask him about but I'm sure it's nothing big.

Back