CV Joints Gone??

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
The car has suddenly come up with a slight intermitent fault. Was driving to college today and hit 40mph and the steering started to judder, it stopped at 50 so I thought it was just the wheel balancing that needed sorted.

It started to do it when I was braking sometimes aswell, got told it could possibly be a warped disk, but I just put black diamond disks on a couple of months ago.

Driving home tonight, everything was fine, even at 40 to 50, then around 10-15 mins into my journey - same as earlier - it started to do it again. Seems to do it after a period of braking also.

Thinking the CV Joints are on there way out, am I right? How much is it to get them replaced aswell??

Ta

Dont get Halfords ones which cost £7 each. I put one of these on my k10 and it lasted less than a year. Its worth paying extra to get genuine Nissan ones.

JUST RE READ POST IM TALKING ABOUT CV BOOTS!!

dosnt sound like CV joints to me, when CVs are out they knock on full lock when accelerating/moving off.

sounds to me you might want to look at pads, and poss disks again, did you bed them in properly, they have to be run in with light braking for the first so many miles, it tells you this in the fitting instructions. are they grooved disks??? still shouldnt cause that but bad pads might enhance it if they are of bad quality.

**edit** silly question, have you checked your wheel nuts???

I bedded the pads & disks in fine, had to do a quick stop once, but that was after around 200 miles. I put EBC greenstuffs in when changing the disks. Wouldnt have thought they would have worn out so fast. It is a grooved disk aswell.

have you checked for any flat or bubbled spots on your tyers?

I had a bubble on my rear right ages ago that gave me a shakey ride in between 50-70mph...

Yeah, its either going to be dodgy spots on the tyres, buckled alloys or the balancing weights have fallen off. I guarantee if you swap the front wheels with the rears the vibrating will go away.

Back