cutting out

CMF_johnyboy

» CMF Member
After driving my 94 1.0 micra /wave for about 5-7 miles it seems like fuels not getting through (splutters) and cuts out. After leaving it about 5 to 10 min. starts and runs fine, drives for about another mile then does it again.I have replaced the throttle body and the in-line fuel filter. Any help would be great. Thanks Johny Boy

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Hi Johhnyboy - here's a possible explanation -

The engine cutting out at operating temperature indicates that the cam angle sensor in the distributor is ****ed. The distributor cools down in 10 mins or so and then you are going again until it stops again and so on.

Yom once got around this (temporarily) by re-plumbing the windscreen washer tube to spray directly on the CAS to keep it cool.

As far as I know the only cure is a replacement Dizzy :(

CMF_johnyboy

» CMF Member
littlebear WROTE:

"Hi Johhnyboy - here's a possible explanation -

The engine cutting out at operating temperature indicates that the cam angle sensor in the distributor is ****ed. The distributor cools down in 10 mins or so and then you are going again until it stops again and so on.

Yom once got around this (temporarily) by re-plumbing the windscreen washer tube to spray directly on the CAS to keep it cool.

As far as I know the only cure is a replacement Dizzy :(

Thanks littlebear i will give replacement distributor a try ! (is it easy to change ?) Thanks again Johnyboy.

CMF_johnyboy

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"johnboy

2 x 12mm bolts and pull it out, but make sure the driveslot on the end of the cam is lined up properly (best to lift the cam cover if not sure)

Thanks frank, is there no timing to reset ? johnyboy

CMF_johnyboy

» CMF Member
johnyboy WROTE:

"After driving my 94 1.0 micra /wave for about 5-7 miles it seems like fuels not getting through (splutters) and cuts out. After leaving it about 5 to 10 min. starts and runs fine, drives for about another mile then does it again.I have replaced the throttle body and the in-line fuel filter. Any help would be great. Thanks Johny Boy

Got s/h distributor and fitted as advised, no more cutting out! Thanks Littlebear & Frank. Johnyboy

Back