Custom dials

Well I'm making ( or at least trying) a custom dial face for a 2002 facelift. Will upload designs n such later but I was wondering if it had already been done? If so any tips on materials would be great. If all turns out I could be making customs for the forum.

Did a few a while back, best stuff I found was plastic covers off spiral folders, cheap and colourful, easy to cut as well.
Make yourself a see through template first and away you go.
Use a spoon to lever off the needles....carefully!! Also be careful of the thickness of the face you make as if too thick, the needles will jam. Also buy yourself a circle cutter on amazon, only a couple of quid but super useful, a finger drill and craft knife also will help.
Finally a self heal cutting board and clamps is really helpful. Had good fun doing it, enjoy yourself.

First color layer

Attachments

• 1406311704882.jpg
    1406311704882.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 291
Ifbthey turn out ok ill even help make custom designs and londontowne theyre like the xenon projectors you can get on ebay for retrofiting. Theyr like morimoto copies

Hello infinity......just about recovered LOL. As they said on blue peter....here's some I made earlier, with the kit I used. I did them by simply making them as covers for the existing dial face then cutting out the required slots, worked OK and gives the look.
The clear white one is my master copy which matches all clock faces, the transparent one is used for spotting the detail before cutting.
Looks like you're going to make yours differently ? computer generated ?
001_zpsfbc62f2a.jpg

003_zpsad7333c9.jpg

Back