Crazy fueling.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Right i thought the car had an air leak, so i re sealed the throttle body and the exhaust manifold but now she appears to be running ver very rich and struggles too get too idle, once it gets warm its fine but its very very smelly.

check the o2 sensor & the ecu coolant sensors working within spec and the Idle Air Valve solenoid is clean n moving

I don't have an idle air valve. Its never been a problem bvefore now anyway.
I'll grab a multimeter at work next week.
Anyone have the manufacturers specs for them?

Marvelous... back to the standard tb i suppose then.

The sr20 maf shares the same amount of 'pin outs' (or something, i forget:oops:) as the micras iirc. So it should work better than the ga16 maf.
You could put that ontop of the ga16 t/b, that was my plan, not sure if it would work any better though.

CG and GA MAF's have the same plug, SR20 or CA18 have different plugs even between them...

GA and CA MAF's are very close related, almost same part number from Hitachi.

Just swap for stock MAF and it will be fine.

Is there any confirmation that the SR20 MAF is similar to the CG MAF, enough to work well or better than the GA one baguete? I can only find snippets of info dotted about and no real evidence, most who run one get the ecu remapped shortly after due to fitting a turbo.

Yes, SR20 is a must for turbo, but no need to use it on a "normal" setup. It works good on NIStune, Ed is the man to ask for that info.

There is a gain at high rpm, low down it feels the same. If not slightly more sluggish.
Your modification on the CG one will be the best idea i recon

The reason it ove rfuels is the fact that the air temp meter is located separately on the almera, so an fpr wouldn't be much help.

It overfuels anyway (even more at idle), no need for a FPR...

So there's no need to adjust the fuel pressure with the ga16 t/b, if you want to settle with a rich/overly rich idle? I never got around to fitting mine because I couldn't understand this, I'd have thought it would underfuel most of the time. *in over my head*:oops:

I noticed that it overfuels at idle and low load (made my grey rear bumper go black, like a diesel :eek:) and sometimes it would underfuel at high revs, dont worth the hassle really, just stick with stock TB/MAF if you dont have any crazy setup...

I noticed that it overfuels at idle and low load (made my grey rear bumper go black, like a diesel :eek:) and sometimes it would underfuel at high revs, dont worth the hassle really, just stick with stock TB/MAF if you dont have any crazy setup...

Ah ok, thank you. I still might give it a shot as I'll have quite a custom setup. Would you recommend the SR20 MAF as a better alternative to the GA MAF on a 50mm t/b?

Ah ok, thank you. I still might give it a shot as I'll have quite a custom setup. Would you recommend the SR20 MAF as a better alternative to the GA MAF on a 50mm t/b?

Use the SR20 MAF if you are using a turbo, otherwise use stock CG MAF (or GA, but GA will give you fueling issues even with NIStune).

Back