couple of small niggles - advice please

hi, I've owned my 2004 (54) K12 micra for over a year now and have a couple of things I would like advice on please.

firstly the more annoying one that i would like to fix ASAP is the gear stick is very loose (left to right not forward and back), it seems very loose when in neutral and in gear, just a couple of cm play left and right but very easy play as if something that should be holding it in place is missing... is this something like the linkage (I dont know what that means but that seems to be suggested on other Google searches but I cant find a micra one) the car drives fine other then this its just a bit irritating as it makes the car feel very cheap to drive.

secondly, when I start the car up about 70% of the time it gives of a short but loud mechanical grinding sequel as if something is catching when the starter motor disengages, its hard to describe but its as if something is spinning gets caught on something else.,, I have no idea what this is but the car starts fine every time whether it squeals or not.

thanks for any help/advice

The squeel is a very common thing I think. Not sure if the source has ever been properly found,but if it's like mine,will eventually only happen occasionally, or not at all. Haven't had it on mine in a very long time. Not sure about the gear lever as not ever heard or come across it on a k12

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back