Couple of questions.

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
My first is, i have a 1.0l which doesnt have a rev counter in the dash pod. Can i fit the pod off the models that do have one(if i find one in a scrappy) or should i get a seperate rev counter??

My other one is i filled my fuel tank up full to test my economy and got about 260 miles to the tank which was town driving 100 miles or so of motorway and a little bit of stick here and there. I think it only worked out at 29 miles to the gallon.
Seems low to me, any ideas???

Ta everyone... Simon:upside:

i have a rev counter from and SLX,

it was a straight swap with no wiring involved.

but i don't know if it will work with your car and in my experiance SLX's are rare in scrapyards.....

Is it the wholr "pod" you have or is it just the dials themselves?
Is there a nice small rev counter that someone else does that i could mount seperatley somewhere else around the dash.
Not a huge tacometer something small and subtle??

Ta:upside:

I believe the diameter of the dash clock is a standard gauge size so you could buy a tacho that fits in place of the clock, though this would need wiring in it should be really easy...

As far as I remember the only models with tachos were the super/super s, though I'm not familiar with the SLX. These pods are a straight swap for the standard ones as several people have done this. I think they're very hard to find in scrappys though.

Most super S clusters will require you to run a wire from teh ECU if you have a 1L or low-spec 1.3

Most super S clusters will require you to run a wire from teh ECU if you have a 1L or low-spec 1.3
According to my calculations 260 miles to the tank works out at 43.7 MPG based on a tank holding 27 liters of fuel considering the mixed driving I think that is Good well done.

Back