Coolant turning into Water

baguete

Site Supporter
Hi guys, i have a little problem, the coolant on my SR is turning into water, no more green colour. Had this situation a while back, changed the coolant but now its doing the same thing. What can it be?? :eek:

Its probs loosing colour due to the crap it picks up around on its travells! If you notoce the expansion bottle stays the right colour!

Mine usually goes brownish

Its probs loosing colour due to the crap it picks up around on its travells! If you notoce the expansion bottle stays the right colour!

Mine usually goes brownish

It's ok Will, we heard you the first time :laugh:. Phone playing up again?

If is going brownish then there is rust somewhere along the coolant system which is dying the coolant. Check the thermostat housing

had a look in this 50k slx
in the rad green coolio
in the expantion bottle no coolio looks like only water
probly never changed

the sr does this coolant eating trick too
its escaping some place and being burnt as no trace in the oil??

yes damn phone keeps asking if i want to view a security certificate for the site saying its dangerous lol

also poor signal etc...

and for my brown water im blaming the radiator its really old i believe

The thermostat housing was swapped for one good as new, thermostat is new, same with the water pump. The pipe that runs on the back of the engine to the water pump is a good one, with no rust. The radiator is in mint condition, no crap at all. But like you guys are saying, maybe its the inside of the engine that is full of crap, but when i installed the metal HG i didnt noticed anything wrong... And yes, the coolant on the expansion bottle keeps its green colour.

I will swap the coolant again and check what happens, this last time it took more time to loose its colour, maybe the engine is getting cleaner inside?? :laugh:

well after i fitted my engine with martins help i filled it using mineral water (5l for £1) and it stayed my flouresent pink colour for a long time as there as its not hard water at all

Back