help please?? leaking coolant.....stemy..

hi from george in crawley, i have leaking coolant - steam comes into the car - above the radio when the car is idling as i work.
when i have been driving and leave the car off for a while , the steam slowly forms at the front window, at the passenger side of the dash.
i have a few questions here -
1. how to fix?
2. is there a quick fix so that i can get to work tomo?
3. can i put water in the coolant res for now? that's what i did to get back home today.

any help please?
this is an emergency for me!
cheers for now,
george

hi george, it sounds like your heater matrix has bust :eek: you could bypass it by removing the 2 heater hoses (near the fuelfilter) and then connecting them together with some metal pipe

its a little radiator under the dash george (a mission to get to :eek:) and i believe k11,s have an open system that lets the coolant flow through the heater whether its switched to cold or hot (so you have to join those 2 pipes together if you want to bypass it)

mate to by pass it wouldnt be a massive job. like frank says the pips are by the fuel filter and if you didnt want to do that you could try k-seal. its a newer version to rad weld. its fantastic i will always swear by it because it fixed my old punto.

Back