K10 coolant leaks/water pump

Hi
After perusing these forums I bit the bullet and changed the water pump on my K10. I've never done a timing belt task before and was a little anxious but it went OK.
Now though I have developed a new leak - this time from the coolant pipe where it joins the engine under the dipstick. I believe this is just a "push fit" with an O ring. Is it likely that I dislodged the pipe when I allowed the engine to descend slightly after the RH mount was removed for the pump job?
Can I just disassemble and stuff back in?
Oh and that inaccessible nut on the mount... I confess I just had to leave it out for now. Just couldn't get any kind of a grip on that third nut!!!

Thanks

Phil

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
might have been there all the time
new coolant has a hole finding agent in it if u filled up with new coolant might have just found the hole

Andrew

Club Member
It's a common problem. Take it out, clean it up, and use some silicon sealant. That seems to sort it out.

As for that third bolt, it's kind of necessary. I would get something to do it up as soon as possible.

Got the pipe off. Refitting it ... well it was loose as hell. Hard to imagine it maintaining a seal cold never mind at running pressure. I await the new 'O' ring from Nissan.. hopefully that will fettle it.