Coolant Problem

CMF_ChrisB

» CMF Member
Hi,

I just replace the coolant in my 1L micra. The Haynes Manual said it should require 4L, however I have filled it to capacity with about 3.2L. Should I be worried about this? Was thinking it might mean there is alot of air in it.

Thanks,

Chris.

CMF_ChrisB

» CMF Member
thanks for the advice. I drove it for a bit and it had drained quite a bit from the backup reservoir. Can I just drive it with the radcap on and keep filling the reservoir as it drains more out of it?

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
ChrisB WROTE:

"thanks for the advice. I drove it for a bit and it had drained quite a bit from the backup reservoir. Can I just drive it with the radcap on and keep filling the reservoir as it drains more out of it?

I drove mine after i did a coolant change and i just kept checking and refilling the reservoir/radiator every day until the levels stayed correct and regularly checked for leaks around the coolant system hoses and connections. Remember to keep spare coolant in a bottle in your car just in case you need to top-up whilst on the road!!

just out of interest, how long did it take you to do the coolant change? It took me three hours because i had trouble removing the coolant reservoir and reconnecting the hoseclips!!

CMF_ChrisB

» CMF Member
Thanks for the advice MicraNut. It probably took about 40 mins in total. I was lucky in that I had some tools that made removing the reservoir and clips pretty easy :).

Back