**Confused: Is it a Super S?**

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hey Micra peoples!

I am looking at buying a Micra (probably just for parts) and let me say this car confuses the hell outta me!

1. It is a 1995 and colour is (Forest Green) so this is a Super S colour.
2. It has a sunroof but does NOT have pop-out rear quarter windows
3. It has Super S bars both front and rear with fog-lamps. But does NOT have rear disc brakes.
4. It has Super S interior, but does NOT have the tacho instrument cluster.
5. It has the rear spoiler but with no option for the brake light.
Also no Super S Steering wheel, does have the alloy mags though!

Probably some other info i have forgotten, but please help! Having the Sunroof i am thinking it HAS to be a Super S with most of the goodies removed?

Is there any info on the compliance plates to let you know if this is a Super S or anything?

Any info or ideas greatly appreciated! :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Most likely a Super S which has had a massive accident.. Think about it..
Rear axle bent - Replaced with LX axle..
Rear windows popped - replaced with LX
Rear rims screwed so they swapped them
No spoiler cause the hatch window blew.

If its cheap take it.. although the rear window and axle is a issue I wouldnt like to have without.. Should be priced at LX price mark.

P.S from memory before release in England the LX had twin folding seats in the rear.. perhaps you've scored some from the UK>

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
@ DECIM8
Yeah it is cheap enough, but what about the missing tacho dash and steering wheel? Does make sense what you're saying about being involved in a serious rear accident though. I don't really need anything off it though, maybe bumpers? But then what do i do with it? Scrap a Super S? Would be very sad. I love the Micra's!

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"lx doesnt have the bolt holes and threads to take twin seats, does the car have abs,two outlet master cylinder(lx has 4) or larger booster, these are super s bits

What are the parts you wanted worth to you? I will need to go see the car again, it's about an hour away. Could you upload pics of the differences you speak of? :)

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
How much is cheap? Is it regoed?

I cant explain tacho (might have **** itself like mine) but the steering wheel = airbag. Does it have the standard rear bumper or a LX and I assume the front bumper is still on?

If its $1k then buy it to scrap otherwise pointless.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
The car is $500 i would only pay $200 though.. Umm... Hard to say about the bar, it is completely painted so appeared to be Super S, but i will need another look to make sure. People are calling dibs on the only parts i would use from this car. :p

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
i want a rear super s bar and a good super s drivers seat only, pm me a price?

BeeBoop WROTE:

But then what do i do with it? Scrap a Super S? Would be very sad. I love the Micra's!

If it goes to the recyclers without all possible reusuable parts being removed and used it would be sad, my super s has supplied my project with numerous parts and has also supplied a fair few parts to members of this forum.

A pic of my super s wreck

Attachments

• 66863.jpg
    66863.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 36

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Bad Boy Bonnet nice! Wanna make me one? Yeah this car is unregistered and i can't really use much off it, but every unregistered Micra i have ever found i have bought. I think the guy wants too much for me to be able to make any profit. I would essentially just be buying bumpers.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
BeeBoop WROTE:

"Bad Boy Bonnet nice! Wanna make me one? Yeah this car is unregistered and i can't really use much off it, but every unregistered Micra i have ever found i have bought. I think the guy wants too much for me to be able to make any profit. I would essentially just be buying bumpers.

maybe i am building it for u beeboop, haha if u u have my bits to swap

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
I think $500 is good for a running micra.. Infact I would pay up to 600 for a LX with mods.

I'd be offering $350 and walking away though. Especially since its no longer a Super S.. You cant use the s/roof unless you do a half cabin chop so pretty useless.

I wouldnt mind it if its registeable.. I want to do a Pink one up for my missus.. seems a waste to ditch mine pink.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
DECIM8 WROTE:

"I think $500 is good for a running micra.. Infact I would pay up to 600 for a LX with mods.

I'd be offering $350 and walking away though. Especially since its no longer a Super S.. You cant use the s/roof unless you do a half cabin chop so pretty useless.

I wouldnt mind it if its registeable.. I want to do a Pink one up for my missus.. seems a waste to ditch mine pink.

Has a tiny hit in the front, hasn't done much damage though.. You could get it back on the road again. Really it's just a S#%T of a car though. I am just sooo pissed that it was missing the rear disc setup!

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Only one thing for it.. Talk him down.. Install a turbo, cage and racing seat and harness. Strip everything from it and you've got a sick track car..

Back