Changing to Cone Air Filter

L

LA_469

hi Guys,

Can somebody please help:

I thought of changing my air filters fo KNN Cone type for my 1.0 K11.
is there anything else that i need to do before the change?
do i need to add anything to bring is cold air?
Will it suck hot air?

My appologies if my questions sound stupid as i do not know much about car technically.

You'll need to run some sort of induction pipe from where the cool air comes into the car. For example: behind the passanger side headlamp (which is the origional location) or you can go more expensive and draw it straight from the gap in the front bumper. Maybe even build a hood scoop... but that's just taking it too far imho...

-Jamie

Alienfish360 said:
If you just put a cone filter ontop of the throttle body you will just pull hot air in from the engine

thanks,
will this hurt the engine in the long run?
I saw some of the photo that it is fix directly tot the trottle body. is there any reason for this?

This won't do your car any immediate damage, but when the engine heats up it'll run ALOT slower than it would using your origional, normal filter!

The person with theirs on the throttle body probably had a cold air feed onto the filter, which vents cold air from underneath the car towards the filter!

Either that or he's an idiot!

-Jamie

D4R73N said:
If you go for the K&N, just get the 57i as that comes with the induction pipe all designed for your car.

Thank you all, i think i will go and find K&N 57i as suggested by D4R73N. don't know if i can get it here in singapore. thanks you again

LA_469 said:
Thank you all, i think i will go and find K&N 57i as suggested by D4R73N. don't know if i can get it here in singapore. thanks you again

No problem mate, Any big name car companys over there, like our Halfords will easily be able to get them in, or you could always buy from the website. http://www.knfilters.com/.

Back