Con Rod Dimensions?

jamier2007

Ex. Club Member
I've got a company that should be able to make some forged H beam rods at a very reasonable price. To make them they obviously need the exact dimensions of the original. Before I get the verniers, has anybody seen a nissan data spec sheet with dimensions, or someone else has already measured up?

Thanks, Jamie

Off the top of my head

Gudgeon pin 18mm (interference fit but id get forged ones loose fit)
Gudgeon centre to small end centre 120.75 (youll want forged ones 2mm shorter)
Small end diameter 50mm (this is the one im not 100% on)

bronze bush floating pin eh dave :) stock length ?

Those were yes. The ones Matt sells will be the same unless he changed the spec from when I had those made.

I'd imagine rods can be made cheaper though....

Thought people would like a photo from the archives as it's all invisible now.

Cheers guys, the ones I'm looking at should really be cheap, although I'm not 100% sure on the quality. I may get a trial set made and try them out and go from there.

Jamie

ive nearly got all my bits for a high compression engine now, but i was looking through the pdf manuals, and they say do not reuse the piston after removing the gudgeon pin.

any advice on this please as i dont want to have to find some brand new pistons.....

Although i've never done it myself, I know frank and others have successfully swapped pistons reusing all parts. It's best too heat it up before removing as well.

Jamie

Well, the reason for this is that there is the possibility of piston distortion on pin removal. However, if you remove them in a proper way, (within a cylindrical tube in order to fully support the piston as done by Frank or EBBdude), then this has proven to be an over conservative point.

tn_press3.JPG

Back